Kirk Lorange

We're Back! New Forum, New Site.

46 posts in this topic

Phew ... after many many hours of tedious box-checking, redirecting, uploading and downloading, converting, correcting and testing, we're back. Clancy and I have had several days of little sleep. My hair was already grey, but if it hadn't been, it would be now ... if you get my drift.

The forum seems to working well, it'll take a few days to familiarize yourself with the new layout, features, etc., but I think you'll soon see that it's better than the old forum and it certainly works better from the admin's point of view. The drop-down menu next to your name, upper right-hand, is where you'll find your personal settings.

The content section can be accessed using the top navigation bar. You'll see that it's all been redone and that there are movies there to complement the text/graphics (almost 100 of them). We've made it so that anyone who has ever donated to the site can view the movies for a while -- we've made you 'Premium Members' -- but anyone else will have to pay a modest subscription fee to view them.

There may be a few little glitches showing up here and there. If you do find anything that's broken, any dead links, typos or weirdness, please let us know in this thread and we'll get onto it. General feedback is welcome too.

Thank you, carol m, your input over the last few days has been invaluable, you're a natural born proofreader.

It's good to be back! Tonight, we sleep ...

Congratulations, your hard work has paid off. The site is looking great, looking forward to finding out all the new features. Good to be back indeed!

I think it looks great ,very slick .

Well done Clancy, Kirk and all involved :claping: :claping: :claping:

3 Cheers for Kirk and Clancy !!! :claping::claping::claping:

Phew ... after many many hours of tedious box-checking, redirecting, uploading and downloading, converting, correcting and testing, we're back. Clancy and I have had several days of little sleep. My hair was already grey, but if it hadn't been, it would be now ... if you get my drift.

The forum seems to working well, it'll take a few days to familiarize yourself with the new layout, features, etc., but I think you'll soon see that it's better than the old forum and it certainly works better from the admin's point of view. The drop-down menu next to your name, upper right-hand, is where you'll find your personal settings.

The content section can be accessed using the top navigation bar. You'll see that it's all been redone and that there are movies there to complement the text/graphics (almost 100 of them). We've made it so that anyone who has ever donated to the site can view the movies for a while -- we've made you 'Premium Members' -- but anyone else will have to pay a modest subscription fee to view them.

There may be a few little glitches showing up here and there. If you do find anything that's broken, any dead links, typos or weirdness, please let us know in this thread and we'll get onto it. General feedback is welcome too.

Thank you, carol m, your input over the last few days has been invaluable, you're a natural born proofreader.

It's good to be back! Tonight, we sleep ...

Whew! A ton of work. This is certainly different. It'll take me a while to get it, but I know it will come eventually. Sleep well!

Thanks all. It's been a bear of a thing to convert but apart from a few little bugs it looks like it's running ok now. We'll see over the next couple of days if anything raises it's ugly head.

I would like to give a HUGE thank you to Carol. She has been helping out with bugs and proof reading for the last few weeks, staying up late with me and I really feel that without Carol's input, we would still be a long way from getting this all done. Thank you Carol.

I will start a thread in the next day or two outlining some of the new features and also what we plan to add in the very near future.

Tonight I am going to have a glass of red and an early night.

Cheers

Clancy

Oh and of course, let me know if there is anything that isn't working properly or if you are limited in any way that you think is incorrect.

Clancy

Guys the new forum looks great, a good job done well.

I have found a little glitch, I went to edit my profile and got the following error:-

An Error Occurred

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

[#1026] You are not permitted to modify all or some of your profile information.

Cheers

BB41

Try it now BB41. I had you in the wrong usergroup. I'll have to look into why that was, but for now you should be all set to go.

Clancy

Cheers Clancy that seems to be working now.

One more thing though...when I click on "view new content" I was expecting the equivalent of the "View New Posts" from the old forum, i.e a list of threads that have been updated since my last visit. It seems to bring up the Forum Search form instead. Is that right?

BB41

I'll look into that tomorrow BB41. I thought there might be an issue with that.

Thanks Geoff and Marty.

Clancy

I'm glad we are back up and running I was starting to have withdrawals lol. Appreciate all the hard work ! I'm still searching around with it trying to get used to it but so far looks good. The one thing I think I'm gonna miss is the video chat tho. doesnt look like this chat allows a mic or video.

Johnny

hmmmmm............... i have to say my first impressions are that i don't like the new layout

but you can't please everyone, and most folks seem to like it. may take a while to get familiar with it.

Paul

Hang in there Paul, it takes a while to get to know your way around. Once people settle in, there will be time for fine-tuning - you know Clancy can do anything - short of resurrecting Godzilla....maybe - and I'm not entirely certain she couldn't do that if she really wanted to.

Congratulations on the new site, still finding my way round it but it does look excellent, well done Kirk, Clancy, Carol and everyone involved in the rebuild, kudos to you all.

Best Wishes

Chris

......HUGE thank you to Carol. She has been helping out with bugs...

Clancy

Carol = The Exterminator! :hammer:

Edited by 6string