- - - - -

I have a question on this ..

7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   hearinvoices

• Active Members
  • 754 posts
  • Joined 07-January 10

Posted 09 June 2010 - 12:43 AM

As a lot of ya'll know I havent been playing real long but I've been working at it. I been just teaching myself and getting some help from some of ya'll on here. I've come up with this little doodle and I guess my question is #1 do the notes work together .... #2 if so where can I go from there cause I really don't know how to move up and down the neck to much yet and # 3 how or could I put chords over this ? It starts on the low E and all sticks pretty much within the 2 and third fret with open strings with the exceptions of me trying to throw a little slide in to the 4th fret. :dunno: Just trying to figure out what else I could do with it.

Thanks,

johnny

Attached Files

#2 OFFLINE   mantablueraider

• Active Members
  • 495 posts
  • Joined 17-February 09

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:07 PM

how you do'in johnny... took a listen and reminded me of a tune by zz top. you could get some idea's by watching a few how to's off to the right of this link. good luck! YouTube - ZZ Top - La Grange
KENNETH

#3 OFFLINE   hearinvoices

• Active Members
  • 754 posts
  • Joined 07-January 10

Posted 10 June 2010 - 01:54 PM

Thanks. I'll give em a look .

Johnny

#4 ONLINE   eddiez152

Prolific Member

• Active Members

• 10,002 posts
  • Joined 30-July 06

Posted 13 June 2010 - 04:30 PM

meta,
I believe your right about the ZZ Top feel.
Johnny,
I got to listen for awhile and see where its going. Has Paul given you any ideas?
Nothin sweeter than the sound of music comin out of a 6 string box - EZ me Music / ASCAP "Music is a social act of communication, a gesture of friendship,the strongest there is"-Malcolm Arnold

#5 OFFLINE   hearinvoices

• Active Members
  • 754 posts
  • Joined 07-January 10

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:54 AM

Hey Eddie ,

Paul hasnt been online all week so I haven't talked to him in a while. I was just tinkering with this and was wondering how to make more out of it.

Johnny

#6 OFFLINE   Lcjones

• Active Members

• 2,738 posts
  • Joined 10-January 06

Posted 07 March 2011 - 12:49 PM

Hey Johnny ...

As i listen to this, I don't hear ZZ at all. What I do hear is "The Doors" legendary guitarist Robby Krieger .

Here's what I would with a riff like this....

Find your root chords.... record your chords as rhythm guitar. Once you know your root chords you can expand by adding other chords into the rhythm. But make a recording of just your roots and play your lead over top of the rhythm. From there you'll be able "hear" where you can go ....

LC

Respect The Music
I'll saddle up my pony so I wont be so lonely, at least I know his heart is true

#7 OFFLINE   Briandb1222

• Active Members
  • 367 posts
  • Joined 09-January 11

Posted 07 March 2011 - 04:21 PM

I felt some ZZ in there too...with maybe a little of Robby Krieger...(had to do a little YouTube searches on him). I think ZZ is closer though. Good job on that one anyways! I felt maybe you could play little higher though...keep what you got and add a measure or so playing higher on the neck every now and then.

#8 OFFLINE   windsong

Grand Member

• Active Members
  • 1,696 posts
  • Joined 29-October 07

Posted 15 March 2011 - 03:38 AM

nice working on the riff, I thought it was growing in the right direction tone wise, rhythm wise, it was very tight

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users