Ok, after several months of sitting on the fence I just took the leap and ordered PT. Can't wait to get my hands on it. I promise I will soak it up like a sponge. Thank you in advance!

Thanks for the order, diabinho ... I'll send that off today. Expect an email later today with instructions for joining the PlaneTalkers' Forum. Prepare to have your fretboard de-cluttered forever more.:winkthumb:

Kirk,

Thanks so much for your quick reply. I am really excited to get on with it. I am sure I will make great strides towards being the guitarist I always wanted to be. Cheers!

Kirk,

Wanted to let you know I got my copy of Plane Talk A couple of days ago. I am without a computer right now, so I wasn't able to post sooner. Just wanted to say "Thank You" for getting it out so quickly. I am almost finished with the book and I can already tell it will be a BIG help with my understanding of improvisation. I will post more when my new MacBook Pro arrives next week. Happy Pickin!!

Great, good to hear. Wait until you view the DVD, that will really turn the lights on.

Have fun with your new Mac ... that's almost on a par with getting a new guitar, isn't it?

New MacBook arrives Thursday. New axe is next on the agenda in a couple weeks. I want a nylon string, but with a more narrow neck. Since I am a lefty, my choices are a bit more limited. Leaning towards a Taylor acoustic / electric with the 1 7/8" wide neck.

Plane talk is just awesome. Anybody else thinking about getting it? Do yourself a favor and DO IT. You won't regret it.

Hi Kirk,

I wanted to check in and let you know I am still alive. I haven't posted for a while as I was busy with my big move from the USA to Brazil. I have been here about 2 weeks now and getting settled in. Finally got internet at home, and yesterday I got my wireless network set up. Now I will be able to post more often.

Anyway, before I left the states I got my new Taylor guitar. It is the NS32 nylon string acoustic electric. I have to save I am very happy with it. The neck is just great, as well as the tone.

Because of the move, I haven't been able to devote as much time as I wanted to my study of PT. Now that I am settled in, that is going to change. I have read the book through twice and have started watching the video. I can already see a big improvement with the way I see the fretboard, and my ability to improvise melody. I have tinkered with the guitar for more than 30 years, but never got beyond a decent beginner stage. I have started and stopped more times than I can remember. Now, I feel certain I will never stop again. PT is the most common sense approach I have ever come across. Again, thank you for this wonderful tool for taking the mystery out of the fretboard.

Not it's time to study a bit, and then head to the beach. Cheers!