alanaprescott

issue with acoustic guitar amp

Whenever i turn up the volume on my acoustic electric amp, the whole box viberates. it makes the low frequency it is suppose to, but that low frequency isnt nice and smooth, its scratchy. I have my low EQ all the way down, and it still does it, and its worse with the more noise i make. I can not turn my low EQ up at all or else the buzzing, harsh vibration will happen, and it really makes the clean sound of the acoustic amp unpleasent.

what is the problem here?

is this a common problem?

it is a fixable problem?

Are you running thru any kind of preamp? I had issues with my gear when I was running the an ART tube pre trying to warm up the sound and found that I was stacking way too much gain into the chain so...maybe check that. Has it always done that or did it just start? Might even be a bad chord or low battery.

no, no individual preamp. just a regular combo amp.

ill try the battery thing. it has something to do with the guitar im afraid because the same thing happens when i plug it into my electric amp ( i know thats not the best testing device, but still)

it has to do wiht the rumble of the low e string...

What kind of pick up is in your acoustic? You might just try a sound hole cover or if you're only using your guitar thru an amp you can stick an t-shirt in it to help with the feedback.