PlaneTalk : Best Method Ever!

2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   sohdubom

Newcomer

• Active Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 17-March 10

Posted 27 May 2010 - 11:54 AM

Hi folks ... yes, this is another testimonial, but I think both Kirk and the future PlaneTalkers deserves it, so ...

1st: Thanx very much Kirk for PT ... all PlaneTalkers know why :-)

- I bought my acoustic guitar in september 2009 and since then I started practicing
and studying music theory by myself ... until 2 months ago before ordering PT I'd
understood the theory (intervals, scales, modes, chord construction, patterns, etc)
could play some others tunes and although knowing the patterns, could NOT improvise
at all ... most musicians I know always said to me: 'it will take some years until
you could do it' ... then I was always brainstorming and thinking: the patterns carry
too much info to digest and I thought, there must be a simple way, specially for the
beginner ... and then I found PT and no 2nd thougths, I just ordered it ... it may
look like a sales person's talk, but let me explain it better...

- There's nothing wrong with the 'other approach/methods', but there's a catch IMHO ...
they are made for the experienced musicians who can digest all thoses notes in the
patterns and 'know' how to begin and resolve using the right notes, can visualize
the basic triads inside those patterns and make good use of then and if your not a
40 years experienced musician, it's like having a huge framework at your hands or a
nuclear weapon trying to kill a single fly ... too much info at the same time.

- PT takes an opposite approach, it uses the simplicity of the basic triads, their
simple shapes and from that you start to build your framework, try other notes and
so one ... PT changes the way you think, thus the way you play ... it's a Mindset.

- For me PT is the smallest/simplest possible framework that you can use to build
your own ... After 40 years you may end up with a huge framework or a little one,
it doesn't matter, you will know every aspect of it ... after all, you've built it
(a good and solid business always starts 'small')

Well, that's my feedback and my thanks to Kirk ... for the future PlaneTalker all
I can say is: don't loose you time, it's serious stuff and you will have tons of
friends inside the private forum ... amazing Method :-)

ps. For a non-english language native (like me, I'm brazilian and my native language is portuguese) I must add that
that the book and the DVD uses simple and plain english so a basic understanding of the language is enough ... don't
be intimidated by this little detail ...

#2 OFFLINE   eddiez152

Prolific Member

• Active Members

• 10,002 posts
  • Joined 30-July 06

Posted 27 May 2010 - 03:43 PM

Now thats the truth! Great write-up. :winkthumb:
Nothin sweeter than the sound of music comin out of a 6 string box - EZ me Music / ASCAP "Music is a social act of communication, a gesture of friendship,the strongest there is"-Malcolm Arnold

#3 OFFLINE   Kirk Lorange

Site Founder

• Admin

• 4,239 posts
  • Joined 31-January 04

Posted 27 May 2010 - 06:32 PM

Thanks for that, Sohdubom ... :winkthumb: Glad you're enjoying it all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users