Chrispy

A nice loop to slide too.

Very nice BT and the slide is great too.

Why would you include me on the invitation? It's appreciated, but you obviously have never heard me play slide guitar. :D Good idea though - this would be great as a starter BT - it's in my sort of tempo.

Hey Carol

Don't let that stop you! I'm not very confident with playing slide, but it's good to have a go!

Thanks for posting that Chrispy - was fun!

The action on the tele is too low for this really, and I prefer to use a brass slide but that just rattles on the frets on the electrics, so opted for glass instead.

slide.mp3

I'm not very confident with playing slide,

Yeah, right! It won't stop me having a go, but it'll probably stop me from posting the results. We'll see. :)

Yeah, right! It won't stop me having a go, but it'll probably stop me from posting the results. We'll see. :)

Nah I'm not. Kirk makes it sing. Sonny Landreth and Derek Trucks are just so fluent with it...alas I am not in the class of those three gentlemen!

It is such a different approach to playing, and I feel more confident with the guitar being in open G and just playing off chord shapes. When I play something like this I am always far more apprehensive about my playing.

No playing, we're taking Georgia to Taronga Zoo. She's had quite a week ... she saw the Wiggles on Sunday, big plane/train/ferry rides over the next couple of days ... OK, gotta go board our flight!

Mate that is a fantastic shot. Is that the amphitheatre where there bird show is help? I love that show.

And any bias aside, given that Sydney will always be 'home', it really is the most beautiful city I have been to.

Glad you had a great time

Take care

Not sure about the bird show, Scotty, but it is a little amphitheatre, and yes, Sydney is most definitely the most beautiful city in the world.

That harbour is going to be quite something tomorrow with the youngest solo-round-the-world-yacht girl, Jessica Watson, arriving. They reckon it will be busier even than the start of the Sydney-Hobart races.

I can't help but think she's been hanging just below the horizon for a couple of days, waiting for Saturday to arrive. Let's face it, arriving at 2AM on a Wednesday would be pretty boring, and she's been very close for a while now. I've been following her blog for months now. What a gal!

BTW, we stayed in the Meriton Serviced Apartments, 68th floor of the World Tower, corner of Liverpool and George. Amazing views, pool on the 61st floor ... attached are pics of first light on Thursday and the view looking east in the evening. You can see the shadow of the building reaching from George Street to Paddington.

9025.attach

9026.attach

That amphitheatre just looks so familiar - I haven't been there for 5 years or so, maybe they changed things up?

Great photos from the hotel too.

... there you are >>>> :clap:

Hey Kirk...

I't allways has been a dream of mine to live in Australia.

Australia is for me the land of fascination and with a great unexplored nature...I love it.

I'm thinking of take a trip downunder and look around for a bit...

Know any cheap hotels?:)

Chrispy - we have a spare room most of the time - when are you due in????? I believe you offered yours to me once? I haven't been able to make it to Sweden lately, but may be one day.

... there you are >>>> :clap:

Tomorrow I'll go and take a few snaps from our side of the harbour - the better side - we get to gaze at the affluent suburbs on the North Shore, but they only get to look at us. :laughingg:

Carol,Carol,Carol

I do quite enjoy your part of the world, but as someone who was born and raised on the other side...I cannot agree that anything south of the bridge is better....:P

Carol,Carol,Carol

I do quite enjoy your part of the world, but as someone who was born and raised on the other side...I cannot agree that anything south of the bridge is better....:P

I was trying to put a positive spin on it, scotty - so thanks for blowing it out of the water. :P

On the plus side, we are on the hippy/multi-cultural side of the harbour, with lots of international eating places, we have quick and easy access to the city, nearly all the music stores/guitar shops, and lots of live music - we even have a few trees of our own. And....I think you'll find that you are also south of the bridge........so there!

Oh the shame...yes I do reside on the south side of the bridge these days...in fact the south side of Sydney, but not without much kicking and screaming!

And Newtown is one of my favourite places in Sydney!