LackingZazz

Amplitube 2 Help...

LackingZazz    0

Hello,

I have no idea if I'm posting this in the right place or not but I'm hoping someone here might be able to help me (Or at least direct me to someone/where that can help me).

I recently purchased a StealthPlug which came bundled with the Amplitude 2 Live software. I was only after a simple, yet decent, progam that would allow me to play and record my guitar through my computer, and I was assured that this would be what I was looking for.

However, after finally managing to install the program and the drivers (And what a mission that was as I needed to get about 3 different authorisation codes from IK Multimedia) I'm having a bit of trouble using the program. The biggest problem is I have no sound coming from my speakers. The input seems to be working as I can see the volume bars moving as I play my guitar but no sound is coming from the speakers.

Additionally, could someone please explain how to actually record using the program. I apologise as I'm sure that these are very basic (and possible stupid) questions but I'm kinda new at this and I'd really just like to be able to hear and record some riffs.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out or point me in the direction of someone that can. ;-)

Tekker    1

Hey LackingZazz,

I've never used the StealthPlug (or even heard of it till now lol), does it have its own software that you use to record and run Amplitube in? If not, what recording program are you using?

It is likely has something to do with the monitoring mode in your software. For instance in my recording software (Magix Samplitude) there is a button called "Input Monitoring" that you have to press to hear the sound as you're playing.

Also, are you using ASIO drivers? This is necessary for hearing yourself in real time.

-tkr