Jim

My new Eric Clapton signature strat

Here are two pics of the Eric Clapton signature strat I got yesterday. I took them quickly with the camera in my cell phone, so they're not the greatest quality. When I have a chance, I'll take good pics with my digital camera and post those. But these should give you a good idea! :)

I actually had a dream, and the name Alberta came to me for the Strat - so that's her name! I ain't fighting with no dream message! It took me weeks to come up with the name Larkie for my LP, but Alberta just came to me after playing it for a few hours. Alberta is in Canada where there's lots of snow (WHITE) and there's also the Alberta blues song. So it makes sense to me.

She plays and sounds so nice! :)

Jim

1180.attach

1181.attach

Hi Buddy

Lovely Guitar you have :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

Alberta is sure very beautiful :) , you must be so proud to have her :)

Very happy for ya, Pal :) :) :)

Lots of Regards

Kush

Eric Clapton played the song Alberta on his MTV Unplugged performance. Track 10 on the cd.

Yes! I have the Unplugged CD and I've heard that track many times. It must have been some kind of subconscious thing between knowing Clapton played that blues piece plus the white of the strat and the snow up there... Who knows, it was a dream (and some of the music I've written I've first heard in a dream, so I don't argue with 'em!) :)

Jim

Thanks to all!

I like to name my guitars. I should start a poll about how many people do it and what names they chose. But I want to play now... :)

Jim

Your very lucky to have such a beautiful axe. Now you have two!

Neil

Thanks! Yeah - I think I've got my two electric "keepers" for life. Shouldn't need any more.

It makes all the long days and some weekends at work worth it when I can use my earnings to get these babies. I don't have as much time to play as I'd like, but someday I'll retire and then - health allowing - I can play all I want! :)

Jim

Looks great! I am not a gear wiz so please excuse my lack of knowledge :oops:

What makes this type of strat different from other models?

Eric Clapton specified to Fender the general build and features he wanted in it before they put his name on it. He modeled it basically after "Blackie" with a few mods.

A few of the extras it's got :

- active mid-boost of 0-25db (adjustable)

- TBX circuitry (adjusts amount of treble/bass cutoff)

- 1 piece, soft V-shaped neck (really feels and plays nice) - 9.5" radius

- 3 Fender Vintage Noiseless pickups

- a blocked original vintage synchronized tremolo bridge (tremelo bar iincluded with it, but not attached, since Clapton doesn't use it, but the strat sounds better with the tremolo hardware in there)

- a really silky smooth satin polyurethane finish over everything - there is NO friction on the neck!

and of course Eric's signature at the top of the headstock (well, a facsimile of it anyway!)

It really plays, feels and sounds great.

Jim

So when are you changing your pic over to the new girl then ;)

I won't REPLACE my long-term girl Larkie (Les Paul) - I'll put up a pic with my new girl Alberta "Birdie"" (Strat) next to Larkie in a single picture! I guess I'm a polygamist! :)

Jim

I have been in a fix for a while now and I think I have made up my mind... I am getting myself a strat... MIA as soon as I can afford it... propably a HSS fat strat. Every time i have a little money i am undecided and then something comes up so I cant buy either, so now I'll get the Strat come what may.

Jim you're picture made up my mind about the issue... It is a beautiful guitar... :thumbup:

I have been in a fix for a while now and I think I have made up my mind... I am getting myself a strat... MIA as soon as I can afford it... propably a HSS fat strat. Every time i have a little money i am undecided and then something comes up so I cant buy either, so now I'll get the Strat come what may.

Jim you're picture made up my mind about the issue... It is a beautiful guitar... :thumbup:

I'm glad to have been able to assist you in your choice! :) It is a really beautiful guitar - and I actually had not known myself how good it looked (and played) until started looking seriously at pics online of the EC Strat, and the Olympic White one in particular, and then saw it for myself when it arrived.

Go for it!

Jim :)

Color me green with envy-lovely strat--starting to save my change now--in about ten years maybe I can get one too.

If you get it from a site like Musician's Friend, you can pay for it over time - which makes it a lot easier to swallow the cost. If you get approved for their platinum card and use that, then you have a year to pay it off with no finance charges. Also no tax or shipping....

Jim