michaelcreese

Soundcard set up problem

Have downloaded Reaper. Went to options, preferences, to set up sound card. Read Tekkers lesson. Selected audio system ASIO. Cannot select ASIO driver, blank box. Same with inputs and outputs. When I open Reaper I get message "Erorr loading ASIO driver". If I select any of the other audio systems I dont get that message. Does this mean I cannot use ASIO? I found a users guide on issuu.com but it does not cover this situation. Anyone know? As always thanks for looking.

Mike

Tekker    1

What kind of audio interface are you using? If you are using a standard computer sound card, those don't support ASIO drivers.

You can however "fake" ASIO drivers on a computer sound card using a program called ASIO4ALL.

ASIO4ALL - Universal ASIO Driver

Unfortunately you won't be able to get really low latency (the delay in your audio caused by processing time) like you can with real ASIO drivers. So if you notice a problem where you hear the sound a second or two after you play it while recording, then you may need to invest in an audio interface that supports 'real' ASIO drivers.

-tkr

Tekker    1

OK, yes that Line 6 unit is an audio interface. You don't need to connect it to the sound card, I just wasn't sure what you were using as an interface (either the computer's sound card or something else).

Have you installed the Line 6 drivers on your computer? If so, maybe try uninstalling and reintalling it. The Line 6 unit does have ASIO drivers, so it sounds like something is up with the Line 6 unit because Reaper apparently is not seeing it.

-tkr

Hi Tekker. I have now found the right port for the line6 but windows cant find a driver. I have enabled updates and am going to look a bit further about how to get the driver. No doubt I'll be back.

Thanks

my ux1 came with line 6 monkey, a program that updates pod farm and ux1 with the latest drivers. i also use assio4all by the way... my onboard sound card is completely disabled, the ux1 handles it all. i use reaper and they work great together. i would suggest a complete re install also if you can't get reaper to see your ux1. it's been a while since i've set mine up but ask away and i'll see if i can help....;)

Hi, here is where I am. I have installed line 6 monkey. Still cant use. Monkey tells me I have no usb drive, dont believe that. I have to take a break now but will try again later. I will go through again and come back to you. I know it will work, but its a steep learning curve.

Thanks

Mike

Have come to here. I appear to need latest updates from Monkey. To do this I have to register the product. To do this I have to have date of purchase. I cant remember so I have to visit the shop tomorrow and find out. I'll be back.

Mike

Hi Kenneth. Sorry to say, I do not know. I bought the device a few months ago, did not want to get to grips with the stuff so did not use it. It is ( I still have the box etc) Line 6 Pod Studio UX1. It came with three discs; Podfarm, livelite7 and Riffworks. It has one guitar input and one mic input. It is the most basic, it cost 140-00 euros which may be a bit dear because there is little competition over here. It has one mic and one intstrument jacks at the front, one phones jack, also at the front. At the back, line inputs 2/r and 1/L plus stereo monitor in, with usb connection and 2/r and

1/L alalog outs. Two dials, mic gain and output. I went round the bend with it today because I had to fight every step of set up only to then be told to do something else "because". I know its mostly me, I aint the right generation, but its a pain. I think the shop guy will help, he's a tekky. Whatever, I will post progress. I had to download Line 6 Monkey and I guess its not the latest, we shall see. Not much I can do till tomorrow after work. All the best,

Mike

Realise that may not be what you asked. I just bought this laptop in the uk. I is Compaq, bought at pc world for 379-00. It has three usb ports and I am connecting the UX1 via a usb cable. there dont seem to be another option for connection on the UX1 though the dialogue when I try to connect does seem to tell me that it wants a midi connection. Not sure till I ask the guy tomorrow.

Cheers,

Mike

gotcha, i have the exact same ux1 as you but i'm running xp and windows. being completely honest mine installed like a breeze, but i did have an issue with assio at first but i use the ux1 assio driver now with no problems. you can select it in reaper, options, device if its installed correctly. good luck

Back at it this morning. When product registration demand came up I asked it to remind me later. This allowed me to begin downloading. Driver Install running

Error

Welcome to Line 6 drivers setup Wizard

Disconnect usb

Select ux1

Destination?

Like to install?

Wait while driver installs

Start device software?

Completed sucessfully

Plug in usb and windows will begin std hardware driver install

Completing line 6 drivers setup wizard

Then, when I opened Line six, it says the ux1 is not connected. I checked the line 6 folder in docs. It exists but is empty.

I will complete product registration and do it again, but its a bit wierd, that is.

Well thanks for your help guys, as always much appreciated though I am sorry I am so clueless I could not really get it. Its all done now and if anyone ever finds themselves in the same boat I will tell you how I pulled it off in the end. I got the compter guy in and paid him 15 euros and now its all up and running. I may have got there in the end but I think I am just as happy this way. All the best

Mike