- - - - -

How to Convert flv to mp3 or wav on a Mac?

10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   carol m

Songwriting Moderator

• Moderators

• 7,252 posts
  • Joined 21-March 06

Posted 14 April 2010 - 06:25 AM

Does anyone know of an app that'll convert flv files to mp3 or wav on a Mac? Obviously you'd only get the audio, but that's what I want.

Any audio file format would do really, because I use Switch to convert to the other audio files if I need to, but I haven't found a way of doing it with flv files.

Thanks in advance for any info.
One good thing about music is that when it hits you, you feel no pain - Bob Marley

#2 OFFLINE   starsailor

Prolific Member

• Active Members

• 6,877 posts
  • Joined 03-February 07

Posted 14 April 2010 - 06:42 AM

Don't know anything about this one Carol, haven't got a Mac but it ticks all the boxes, might be worth a try.

FLV Converter for Mac, Mac FLV Converter, Convert FLV files on Mac

Cheers

Chris
You don't stop laughing when you grow old; you grow old when you stop laughing.

#3 OFFLINE   carol m

Songwriting Moderator

• Moderators

• 7,252 posts
  • Joined 21-March 06

Posted 14 April 2010 - 07:32 AM

Thanks Chris. Why couldn't I find that I wonder. :dunno:
One good thing about music is that when it hits you, you feel no pain - Bob Marley

#4 OFFLINE   starsailor

Prolific Member

• Active Members

• 6,877 posts
  • Joined 03-February 07

Posted 14 April 2010 - 08:38 AM

carol m said:

Thanks Chris. Why couldn't I find that I wonder. :dunno:

I just use Random word searches to surf the net using Keywords from the questions, I find some interesting things, some make my hair curl:laughingg: but I usually find what I'm looking for eventually.
You don't stop laughing when you grow old; you grow old when you stop laughing.

#5 OFFLINE   hb

• Active Members
  • 743 posts
  • Joined 02-January 06

Posted 15 April 2010 - 04:58 PM

Hi Carol:
I don't know anything about Mac's, but just out of curiosity, I opened a flv. file with Audacity and the "exported" it as a a mp3. and it seemed to work fine. Perhaps other recording programs other than Audacity will do the same.....dunno.
hb

#6 OFFLINE   carol m

Songwriting Moderator

• Moderators

• 7,252 posts
  • Joined 21-March 06

Posted 15 April 2010 - 06:31 PM

That's interesting hb, I'd never have thought of that. I'll try and see if any I have will do that. I have Audacity for Mac somewhere in my backpack. Good tip, thanks.

#7 OFFLINE   scotty_b

Lesson Contributor

• Lesson Contributors

• 2,450 posts
  • Joined 22-January 06

Posted 15 April 2010 - 07:29 PM

try this link Carol
How to convert FLV to MP3 on Mac OS for free - including Snow Leopard

#8 OFFLINE   hb

• Active Members
  • 743 posts
  • Joined 02-January 06

Posted 15 April 2010 - 09:34 PM

carol m said:

That's interesting hb, I'd never have thought of that. I'll try and see if any I have will do that. I have Audacity for Mac somewhere in my backpack. Good tip, thanks.

FYI....when I tried to open a flv. file, (for the first time, after I read your post), Audacity gave me a box that said to go to edit-preferences-libraries, and then something about a ffmepeg.library. Anyway, it led me to Audacity's site to download the ability to open such a file. Just thought I'd let you know that my Audacity,(ver. 1.3) didn't automatically have this ability until I followed the instructions. I thought I'd pass this on, perhaps saving you a little banging of the forehead on the desktop!
Hope this helps,
hb

#9 OFFLINE   cocoblus

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 17-January 11

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:24 AM

The easiest way to covnert flv to mp3 on mac is to use professional software, such as flv converter for mac, flv to mp3 converter for mac , mp3 converter mac, etc.there are many such software in the market, the most important thing is to choose a right one for users.

#10 OFFLINE   carol m

Songwriting Moderator

• Moderators

• 7,252 posts
  • Joined 21-March 06

Posted 17 January 2011 - 08:08 AM

Thanks cocoblues - I downloaded VLC.app - it's free, and it works fine.

#11 OFFLINE   edisonqt

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 27-June 11

Posted 28 June 2011 - 03:22 AM

Thanks for sharing this. In exchange, I will show you my ipad tips. As you know, ipad is popular now, if users need to transfer photos from ipad to computer, transfer pictures to ipad, just do it like this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users