carol m

How to Convert flv to mp3 or wav on a Mac?

carol m    64

Does anyone know of an app that'll convert flv files to mp3 or wav on a Mac? Obviously you'd only get the audio, but that's what I want.

Any audio file format would do really, because I use Switch to convert to the other audio files if I need to, but I haven't found a way of doing it with flv files.

Thanks in advance for any info.

starsailor    20
Thanks Chris. Why couldn't I find that I wonder. :dunno:

I just use Random word searches to surf the net using Keywords from the questions, I find some interesting things, some make my hair curl:laughingg: but I usually find what I'm looking for eventually.

hb    0

Hi Carol:

I don't know anything about Mac's, but just out of curiosity, I opened a flv. file with Audacity and the "exported" it as a a mp3. and it seemed to work fine. Perhaps other recording programs other than Audacity will do the same.....dunno.

hb

carol m    64

That's interesting hb, I'd never have thought of that. I'll try and see if any I have will do that. I have Audacity for Mac somewhere in my backpack. Good tip, thanks.

hb    0
That's interesting hb, I'd never have thought of that. I'll try and see if any I have will do that. I have Audacity for Mac somewhere in my backpack. Good tip, thanks.

FYI....when I tried to open a flv. file, (for the first time, after I read your post), Audacity gave me a box that said to go to edit-preferences-libraries, and then something about a ffmepeg.library. Anyway, it led me to Audacity's site to download the ability to open such a file. Just thought I'd let you know that my Audacity,(ver. 1.3) didn't automatically have this ability until I followed the instructions. I thought I'd pass this on, perhaps saving you a little banging of the forehead on the desktop!

Hope this helps,

hb