USGold

Best One Hit Wonders?

Whats your favorite one hit wonder-either song or artist or both?

Sorry If I'm sounding basic, but Friends, kindly tell me whats a "one hit wonder" ?

Sorry again if its too basic :oops:

Lots of care

Kush

In the year 2525 - Zager and Evans

Tell Laura I Love Her - Ricky Valance

Spirit in the Sky - Norman Greenbaum

Fire - Crazy World of Arthur Brown

J'ai T'aime (Ma non plus)- Serge Gainsborough and Jane Birkin

War, by Edwin Star

Wait a minute DharmaBum, not to be a smart-guy, but Edwin Starr had a couple of hits. "Twenty-Five Miles" was a top ten in the states, and one of my favorite rockin' Soul numbers.

My one hit wonder: I was always kinda' partial to "Oh Babe, What Would You Say" by Hurricane Smith.

Baker Street was a hit for Gerry Rafferty, (formerly of Steelers Wheel, who also had 1 hit with 'Stuck in the Middle with You')

Sorry, but "Baker Street" is the only song of Gerry's that stands out in my memory, and although I have heard "Stuck In The Middle With You" I didn't realise that Gerry Rafferty was formerly with Steelers Wheel.

That's the great thing about this forum, I learn something new every day.

Neil

Gerry Rafferty used to be in a folk group called the Humblebums with comedian Billy Connolly. Billy used to tell jokes between songs until the jokes became longer than the songs and he then took up comedy full-time. He still plays a variety of instruments at his gigs sometimes. After the Humblebums Gerry formed Stealers Wheel and after that had his massive hit Baker Street. I think he mostly produces bans now.

Wait a minute DharmaBum, not to be a smart-guy, but Edwin Starr had a couple of hits. "Twenty-Five Miles" was a top ten in the states, and one of my favorite rockin' Soul numbers.

My one hit wonder: I was always kinda' partial to "Oh Babe, What Would You Say" by Hurricane Smith.

OOOPS. Sorry, Hockey. Maybe I shouldn't play these games. I always liked "War", but never did hear anything else by Edwin Star. My bad. So, here's my revised pick:

Ringo, by Lorne Greene.