E.V.H.

Korg Pandora PX5

Just wanted to take a few mins and ask if anyone out there has or has used the multi effects processor "Korg Pandora PX5"? It's a cool unit in that it does a lot of different things and is very handy to use if you have a few volume constraints and space issues, my question is if anyone has been able to figure out why the "Mid & Gain" dials are set in such a way that each time I got edit a preset or user program, Iam left to try the dials without the aid of a graph or representation of what setting Iam dialing up? Yes, I have read and re read the manual but the information isnt there. I have also looked for any sort of online source of info and not been able to get the answer.

Not being an avid user of anything to do with these types of units I have not ben savvy enough to figure it out on my own, so anything that you guitar brainiacs are able to do for me, well, it would be most appreciated!

Thanks and have a Happy Easter!!

E.V.H.

Hello EVH,

I've been using a PX4 routinely for the past 3½ years with headphones and also as a multi-effect "pedal" in front of my roland 15W. These devices are great for quite practice or for those gigs in the middle of friends where you just want minimum equipment. I stuck some velcro on the back of mine so I could attach to some fabric around the handle of my small amp. I still use mine regularly. Ona side note, I used the same set up for a small gig for about 800 friends on a mine site. The wild setting is so saturated for solos, just great sustain.

For your question, PX4 vs PX5, PX5 has more presets is only difference.

For the edit mode you are right those functions are not represented on the display but do register with your ears. I guess just not enough room on the tiny display. Interestingly, whenever you set these during Amp modelling, they will remain there during play mode. If you move these dials, for another program edit, then return to play mode (going back to your original program) then move say the bass knob, the tone will dramatically change if the position of the knob is far away for the saved setting in the program with the slightest movement.

Hope this helps, pH

Thanks for your reply aboutthe Pandora. You weresure right about how the tone dramatically changes when moving the bass or treble dials!! Crazy thatthey would have it as such but Iguess the issue of the processing and space for other features is the reason for that.A quick question for you: Are you using the unit in hi or low output when you record/ play? This is an interesting feature and one thatI didnt know would make such a huge difference.Also what are some of the tones that you use when you want a nice warm acoustic setting? These are some of the units best features ifyou ask me. The simulations are very warm andalso controllable. Rare for a processor of this type.

Thanks again for you reply and I look forward to hearing from you when you can.

E.V.H.

I've got one of these, too, and I like what I know so far. I got it for Christmas, and I've never really had any effects to speak of before, so I feel like I'm still learning a lot. pH, I think you're confirming something that I thought was the case, but I wanted to ask - if you go to one of the presets without touching the dials at all, the preset bass and treble levels are what you get, right? Then, as soon as you touch the dials, it can jump all the way up or down the scale? That's what it has seemed like to me when I bumped a dial accidentally while playing.

I do enjoy my PX5. I have a lot of fun dialing in new sounds, making terrible mistakes and learning that what I've dialed in is absolutely awful or (finally) dialing in something that I really like.

Hey guys,

hope your both well. FrankyL your exactly right about the preset levels and tones. If the dial is already close to your setting, not a big difference. The master dial can also be used for setting the middle, check out the getting started guide, or at least it could with the PX4. I am used to the way it works and is pretty cool.

EVH, your query about the programs, and input settings I use. With my "strat" style single pickup and semi acoustic "335" style I use the HI setting. Note that single notes and arpeggios, etc will ring out, if you hit chords on the hard side they will start to distort blues style. I use a bit on dirty settings so doesn't bother me. For Les Paul humbucking styles I use on Low (sometimes hi for really saturated).

I've just plugged the pandora in next to this so my favourites at the moment, (note I've had mine for about seven years but used a lot lately as have been on a minesite, used in conjunction mainly with Cube 15 using the clean side); Wild, Creep (one of mine, Dyna, Mod and Rev, think radiohead), Chorus (chorus2 set at 1.0) Wild1 (added echo2 at 4.0), Chrs+E1(chorus above + echo 1 at 4.0), acoustic, Blink, UK'80 and blues, also Pass & Melissa. For the first four Dyna is comp at 3.0 .

Interested in how you guys are using yours, might give some new ideas and riffs.

cheers, pH

I have a PX4 that I keep in the bedroom and use when it's late, my wife is already asleep, and I want to play a bit. Other than it's small portable size, the best thing about the PX4 is the drum/bass rhythms. Best headphone amp ever!:winkthumb:

Hey Fly,

they are not limited to the bedroom. I put some velcro on mine and attached to my Cube 15 handle. Set up the programs I needed side by side in the the user programs and have done a number of gigs that way now. Turning slightly during songs to change effects. When flying around to mine-sites as part of my work, I can carry a gtr, and 1 piece of luggage with pandora and amp inside as well as clothes etc. I think it's helping me get repeat work as the bar or wet mess usually livens up while I'm on-site. Not bad for an old buggar! The wild setting for saturated solos is just great especially with the neck pickup.

cheers, pH

:smilinguitar::claping: