astratslinger

Vox Night Train

Played one of these at the music store a week or so back...went again last Thursday and took my Strat with me to try it out again.

Saturday I brought it home. I succumb real easy to GAS. :blush:

It's 15 watts in pentode, 7 1/2 watts in triode. 2 12AX7's in the pre, 2 EL84's in the power section. Thick/bright switch, standby switch. :)

It doesn't have reverb...but I have a pedal.

Anyone who's played an AC15 or AC 30 knows what I'm sayin' when I say "killer tone". I considered the AC15...$100 more, with 'verb and tremolo. But I dig the pentode/triode option and I LOVE the thick switch...and, too, I'm running short on floor space in my music room...the AC15 is NOT a small amp. This one weighs 15 pounds and comes with a carrying case.

Runnin' it thru my Epi 1X12 cab with Eminence Lady Luck speaker. I'll wait 'til the honeymoon period is over before I give it a ten. ;)

Will try to get some sound clips up soon...

DSCN0214-1.jpg

shonie777    3

I was checking that exact same amp out a few weeks ago. My fingers were itching to whip out my Guitar Center card and buy it. I picture my wifes face:reallymad: ........ then decided against it. LOL

Shonie

I was checking that exact same amp out a few weeks ago. My fingers were itching to whip out my Guitar Center card and buy it. I picture my wifes face:reallymad: ........ then decided against it. LOL

Shonie

Well, I'm not married, but my significant other sometimes has something to say about how I spend money...after all, she's a woman and can't help being that way, lol. :D But she plays gittar, too, so she knows she'll get to play around with whatever I buy, and believe me she ain't waiting too patiently for me to let her play with this amp.

Nice buy, I'm cosidering that or a Fender Blues Jr. right now.

I have a Fender BJr, too, and I love the thing. The BJ has a good history and has been used by a lot of gittar players. Yer not gonna get the break-up from the BJ that you can from the NT, though, and I can't say that the clean from one is better than the other...just depends on yer ear, I reckon. And I like the pentode/triode feature on the NT...this amp ROARS in the pentode mode, so I've mostly played it in the triode mode. The "thick" switch is where it's at for creamy distortion... truly "the sound I've heard in my mind" to coin a well used phrase. ;)

I also own a night train and I absolutly love it, I play it through the vox cab with the celeston greenback. It is loud and obnoxious when I want it to be and clean and country when that is what I am wanting.

fly135    5

I haven't played one but heard good things about them. I just love FX too much to buy an amp for it's overdriven tones, but no FX loop.