blind boy mike

making your own glass slide?

been chopping the tops of bottles for a while to make my own slides, but the bottles i get always have a seam down the sides, do other people just ignore this or try to remove it? If so how!

For the hassel it causes it is better just to buy one I know, but i like to tinker!

raywise    0

You can sand them starting with a semi fine small file and progressivly going finer with sandpaper til you've aquired the feel you are after. dremel also make a set of buffing implements that are handy dandy but if you get these gadgets make sure you wear a cover over your nose and mouth and eye protection. beleive it or not, glass powder can cut soft tissue such as inside of your nose and throat:eek:

carol m    64
. beleive it or not, glass powder can cut soft tissue such as inside of your nose and throat:eek:

and lungs.

I'm sure I've heard that people have put ground up glass powder in people's food to kill them. Apparently it's not a good way to go.;)

6string    81
and lungs.

I'm sure I've heard that people have put ground up glass powder in people's food to kill them. Apparently it's not a good way to go.;)

Just keep it away from Keef Richards, he'll snort anything/one

Diamond    0

Hi Mike,

The dremel tool witn attachments do work fine ~ we use a custom-made de-seaming machine in the shop for our bottlenecks, but a few hours with different grades of wet 'n dry will do the trick, then a final buff-up with 'Farecla' T-Cut style polish will bring it to a satin sheen.

For all things regarding making your own bottleneck, here's what we guys in the trade call 'the difinitive thread'.....have fun :o)

cutting a wine bottle - Acoustic Guitar Forum

Slide On!

Ian.