blind boy mike

where to find a good slide?

I have been playing slide for years and always used an old heavy brass slide which i loved like a baby! However whilst asleep on a train after a gig I lost it - probably sleep sliding again.

So I'm trying to find a replacement and need any help you can offer.

It had similar dimensions as the dunlop 222 slide but was much heavier - wall thickness of 3 or 4 mm. so it was brass and roughly 19x25x60 mm ring size 9 - I tried the Dunlop 224 but it was far too wide as i use it on me pinky - little finger.

if anyone knows where i could find something like that please help - dunlop can't but i've never tried a flared slide like their harris slide or preachin pipe. Hard to get those over here in the UK.

Hi blind boy mike ~ we've got exactly what you're looking for up here in the West Midlands - although we're better known for our glass slides, we've hooked up with a company to sell their stainless steel & brass slides from our website - i have some here that meet your sizings exactly - 19mm I.D. x 60mm length x 3.2mm wall thickness......and rolled edges!!!

Drop me a line from our website (Diamond Bottlenecks - Home)

Slide On!

Ian & the team.

thanks for all the suggestions,

The bronze bomber looks amazing!

Kirk's slide looks really good aswell but I use G tuning a lot and want to span the whole fret board when needed.

And I've sent you a message diamond regarding your new brass slides.

one quick side question, been making me own glass slides from bottles for a while, but all the bottles i find have a seam down the sides, is it better to try and polish the seam out or just ignore it?

any thoughts? if so how?