scotland87

Friends for Rent...

scotland87    0

First bash at songwriting. Inspired by the way your friends (or so called friends) dump you, anytime a girl comes into their lives.

I guess, it would be a fast paced song, as the content makes me angry and I would need to thrash it out! No where near good enough on the axe to make my own music to it, but perhaps someday.

Criticism welcome!

Cheers

Got a girl , yeah you've got a new girl.

You've stopped being a man, stopped living your life

You've got a girl, you've got a new girl.

Say goodbye to friends, say hello to the wife.

You've changed, yeah changed for the worse.

You act like a stranger, someone you used to hate

You've changed, yeah changed for the worse.

Always out on a date, its always; sorry, not tonight mate.

open your eyes, you need to open your eyes.

you drop us like that, your silence is abuse.

Open your eyes, open your ****in eyes.

a girl is the hangman, the relationship the noose.

it ends, it will always end.

you pick up your phone, your lookin for support.

it ends, it will always end.

wheres your friends now, they've abandoned the fort.

you talk it over, crying all the time.

im embarrased, disgusted by your show.

you talk it over, crying all the time.

I want you to leave, please just go.

it takes months, but you do get over it.

out on the town, lookin for some strange.

it takes months, but your over it now.

you find a girl, convinced to change.

got a girl, yeah got a new girl

its started again, thought you were different

got a girl, yeah got a new girl

you didn’t change, your friends are for rent.

That's pretty good man. Sound just like a couple of friends I know but once they split up with their "hangman", all of a sudden we're supposed to be best buds again. I'll take a raincheck on the whole being stood up for the next year or so until she dumps you, again, but good luck with that. I really don't understand what is so hard about making time for friends every once in a while. Maybe I've got a different idea of what a friend is though. Scotland, you've touch a nerve with me on this one (sign of a good song) I'll be interested to see how many other people have had to dea with the same thing. Good job. I like the song name too, pretty much sums it up. I had one guy tell me the last time I asked him if he wanted to get together that he couldn't because his inlaws just had a cat pass away 2 weeks ago and he need to comfort his wife. Goodbye.

carol m    64

That's a good start Scotland. What I like about it is how these lyrics are genuinely how you feel - always good. Also how it ends up at the start again - which is part of the problem of course, so that's good too.

Have you tried to see how they work out to the sort of rhythm you have in mind? Even if you feel you can't play well enough to make it into a song, it's not a bad idea to find a drum beat, or even a metronome at that sort of tempo and try to fit the lines to it?

Maybe strum one or two chords, or even muted, to the beat at the approx tempo and see what happens? You might find you can make it into a song anyway.

Try and go for it and see what happens - it doesn't matter if it sounds bad - do it when no one can hear you - let it rip and it'll get you into the feel of writing a song.

sheraton    20

howdo Scotland.....:thumbup1:

nice one i like the truthfullnessnesess....??? anyway nice work would like to hear it to music one day...

it could do with a wee positive turnround at the end tho...imo

did you get an electric guitar yet..?:smilinguitar:

cheers...Paul..

scotland87    0
howdo Scotland.....:thumbup1:

nice one i like the truthfullnessnesess....??? anyway nice work would like to hear it to music one day...

it could do with a wee positive turnround at the end tho...imo

did you get an electric guitar yet..?:smilinguitar:

cheers...Paul..

Thanks for feedback! Nah, im not a positive kind of guy lol, maybe if the subject matter of the song turned out positive I would alter it, but it never turns out the way that it should!

Well, Im saving up for a Fender Telecaster and a a Line 6 Spider IV 120! About £700 pound worth tho for both lol

i kinda like this one, it's not often i see lyrics that haven't used the same old done a million times themes. this coming from a guys standpoint is definately not the usual, but i'm sure many can relate. although my experiences were more like the 70's show where a new girlfriend was just a new member of the pack.:)