chorizo

Crazy Little Thing solo

This is a fun song to play but i don't know how Brian May's gets that lively vibe to it. Is there anything unusal about the style which he uses to create this? I don't necessarily want to reproduce it exactly but to just understand more of how to get that feel to it so i can improvise in that style. I play the solo over Bb,D,Bb,E chords.

Thanks Starsailor, interesting article. Freddie sure was a talented musician writing all the parts in a short time. Glad Brian made it to the recording on time though!!! I'll have to read more about Rockabilly style.

Pleasure Chorizo, Freddie was a genius it was ashame he died so young, the whole band are awesome Musicians, that was an interesting article they were quite matter of fact about it taking a short time to do it, I agree glad Brian showed up, a lot of bands take ages to nail stuff but they just got on with it, there was a thread here on Rockabilly but I can't find it, I put a load of songs on there so it might still be in one of my folders, checkout the Stray Cats and here's a clip of Paul Pigat doing his thing, rocks my boat:yes:

YouTube - Paul Pigat - Rockabilly Guitar

Cheers

Chris

Pleasure Chorizo, Freddie was a genius it was ashame he died so young, the whole band are awesome Musicians, that was an interesting article they were quite matter of fact about it taking a short time to do it, I agree glad Brian showed up, a lot of bands take ages to nail stuff but they just got on with it, there was a thread here on Rockabilly but I can't find it, I put a load of songs on there so it might still be in one of my folders, checkout the Stray Cats and here's a clip of Paul Pigat doing his thing, rocks my boat:yes:

YouTube - Paul Pigat - Rockabilly Guitar

Cheers

Chris

Way COOL ! ! !

thnx,

hb

Way COOL ! ! !

thnx,

hb

I hadn't heard Paul before hb, I was well pleased to find him though, he's excellent, glad you enjoyed the clip, I loved that Queen video hadn't seen that one before either, they rocked on that:smilinguitar:

Cheers

Chris

PS. Thanks for switching me back on to Queen again I haven't listened to them for ages, found this clip of them doing Crazy little thing live.

YouTube - Queen - Crazy Little Thing Called Love [ High Definition ]

I always liked that song, and that's a bang-up job they did with it!!!.....would've enjoyed it a lot more, if he'd just put his shirt on!!!!

LOL

hb

I always liked that song, and that's a bang-up job they did with it!!!.....would've enjoyed it a lot more, if he'd just put his shirt on!!!!

LOL

hb

Must have been a hot night I guess:eek:

Thanks Starsailor, interesting article. Freddie sure was a talented musician writing all the parts in a short time. Glad Brian made it to the recording on time though!!! I'll have to read more about Rockabilly style.

Bb, D and E don't really match so much....Something would have to change for this song.

Rockabilly is my thing and I can talk about it all day. The main thing about that solo is the double stops. Rockabilly loves dominant 7th chords and half-diminished chords. That's the sound.

Here's some double stops in A:

-8-----------------5

-7-----7--5--------5

-------7--5-h-6-----

----7---------------

-----------------------

-----------------------

That first one is a part of a diminished chord. What comes after it is a classic rockabilly lick.

Rock On!