val1974

alvarez ad222c

val1974    0

Does anyone own an alvarez ad222c? i'm considering buying one but none of the local shops by me stock them. I am a very short adult (5ft) with small hands. Hubby wants to buy one off ebay but i'm nervous about return issues.

thanks,

val

shonie777    3
Does anyone own an alvarez ad222c? i'm considering buying one but none of the local shops by me stock them. I am a very short adult (5ft) with small hands. Hubby wants to buy one off ebay but i'm nervous about return issues.

thanks,

val

I own a 1997 Alvarez 12 String Silver Anniversary Model 2551. A very nice guitar and is my favorite out of all my guitars. I have played many other Alvarez guitars and have always been impressed with the quality of work on them as well as the playability and sound of them. They are also priced very well, in my opinion.

I have bought a few acoustic guitars off Ebay. Before I bid, I always ask the seller for additional pictures (high resolution), ask a million questions, request measurements, sound clips, is it a factory second, etc.

If the seller does not do what I request, I simply do not bid. After all it is my money and I have every right to request what information I like from the seller. It's no different than going to a store to buy a guitar, the only difference is that I don't get to actually hold the guitar and try it out.

Also when buying a guitar off Ebay, make sure there is a good return policy. Most sellers do not refund shipping at all. You have to read every single bit of the auction. Some sellers are very good (deceptive) at writing about all the great points of the guitar, but fail to mention the issues (if any) the guitar may have.

All this may deter you from even concidering buying off Ebay. If you do your research (reviews, etc), ask a bazillion questions, and do all that you can to better inform you about the product the seller is selling. Most of the time you get exactly what want.

I have come across some really good deals and nice guitars by simply doing what I stated stated above. I have also came across some really bad deals and horrible guitars, but that was my fault for not doing what I stated above.

I hope the information I have learned from experience helps you. Unfortunately, I had to learn the hard way a few times from buying off Ebay, but that was my fault.

Best of luck with your guitar purchase.

Shonie