knifemakerbill

? about guitar i aquired

anyone have any info on an electric guitar- only info found is BUK&WOOD on neck bolt cover plate. black wood, white faceplate simular to Stratocaster, 3 pickup, sliding 5 way. i got it without neck. installed an Epiphone bolt on accoustic neck i had laying around. plays great, low action, just can't find anything on manufacturer. would love any input you could give. i'm not hurt on what i have in it-$20 for neck and $5 for body. will add it to the collection, but need info for curiosity sake. thanks-Bill

anyone have any info on an electric guitar- only info found is BUK&WOOD on neck bolt cover plate. black wood, white faceplate simular to Stratocaster, 3 pickup, sliding 5 way. i got it without neck. installed an Epiphone bolt on accoustic neck i had laying around. plays great, low action, just can't find anything on manufacturer. would love any input you could give. i'm not hurt on what i have in it-$20 for neck and $5 for body. will add it to the collection, but need info for curiosity sake. thanks-Bill

make sure the scale lenght of the neck is correct for the bridge on the body, the tuning would be aweful if it wasnt.

I was thinking it was a Burswood guitar sometimes the R looks like a K and the s is weird too as the names done in signature form. In regard to Burswood. found a couple for sale, they make acoustics but also do electrics including a Fender Stratocaster copy, at a low price, I'm assuming the bodies were made of Basswood as a lot of cheaper ones are, not top of the range guitars and these Burswoods sold in starter packs I think.

Here's one I've found with some fairly good pictures so you can compare neck plates, this one sold for roughly $47 but some have fetched a bit more. this ones been well looked after.

Not too sure if it is your guitar maker knifemakerbill but here's the one I've found.

Burswood Stratocaster Guitar on eBay (end time 24-Jan-10 17:04:10 GMT)