Sign in to follow this  
allthumbs

Audacity click track

Hey Allthumbs, better late than never I guess...If I recall correctly, you can not lay the click track over/into another. What I used to do, was to reset/open the click track {set at the original recordings timing} then import the audio I wished to correct into the track below, then by using the zoom feature I would zoom in on the beginning of the audio track and proceed to align that point to the '1' beat {or your preferred starting beat, anywhere on the click tracks 1's or corresponding start beat}. .Now if the alignment doesn't cure your ails, I would find the area of the audio that went off beat..from there I would again use the zoom and either delete some of the track or add in some 'silence' to correct it to my satisfaction, sometimes doing this may lead to doing the whole process again in another location on the track...either that or a redo of the recording itself is called for...hope this made sense and will help in the future.

After re-reading your op, might have mislead myself...if your looking for how/where to load the click track from...see attachment. Once it's selected you'll get the timing/beats selection window, to set as you please.

8819.attach

Don't know if you've figured it out yet or not, but I just reinstalled it and had no problem. Opened the click track first then went into 'project' selected 'import audio' and wha-laa...two separate tracks, one audio track and the click track on top/first track space. Only thing I can think of off hand is to check the audio file type, believe you want wav or the type audacity renders to for storage. BTW this is with version 1.2? not the beta, so all of this may be moot and I'm no help at all.