shonie777

My Dual Showman and New Tele!

shonie777    3

Some of you may know, but I had this old Fender Dual Showman that Posted on here awhile back and that I was gonna get it redone.

I finally got it back this past weekend. Had the entire guts redone at Guitar Electronic in Phoenix, AZ. Cost an arm and a leg. After that I had a good friend of mine build a new 2x12 cab with Celestion Vintage 30's (made in England ones). Then he built a new head housing for the amp. Sucker sounds sweet!

Then I paid a visit to my favorite Guitar Center in Phoenix to see my bro that works there. I had been wanting to get me a telecaster, but didn't want to spend an arm and a leg for one. So I was checking out the Squires for about $179. They were ok, but I fell in love with this butterscotch Mexican Tele with a maple neck, but it was quite expensive. I told my buddy that works there that I really wanted it real bad, but it was a bit more than what I wanted to spend. He told me to wait a few minutes while he ran to the back of the store.

He came out with this cream tele with a maple neck and handed it to me and told me to try it out. He said it was used and they guy that traded it in upgraded the pickups to Seymores. I tried it and loved it. I asked how much......He told me he could sell it to me for $329! Ring it up bro! I said. I love it. Quite happy with it.

I'll post some sound samples later.

8740.attach

8741.attach

8742.attach

8743.attach

Nice lookin' Tele, man. Got a couple of 'em m'self, one of 'em modded and the other'n just waiting for new tuners, p'ups, and nut.

Do you know what kinda SD's are in it?

$329? Yer a thief, bro! :D Probly sounds real good thru that amp, too. Nice score, m'friend.

Daktari    0

Hi there,

Shonie, I like that sound. How did you have the tele tuned to get that eastern kind of drone effect? I wouldn't mind trying a sound similar to that for some of my African style projects.

Cheers, Gordon.

shonie777    3
Hi there,

Shonie, I like that sound. How did you have the tele tuned to get that eastern kind of drone effect? I wouldn't mind trying a sound similar to that for some of my African style projects.

Cheers, Gordon.

The tuning is C G C G C E and I used the bridge pickup. Hope this helps ya. I love this tuning, it's a lot of fun to play with.

Shonie