michaelcreese

Boss DR880 connector

I bought a Boss DR880 second hand today (for 45 euros). But, it does not have a connector. Boss spec AC adaptor BRC series, max current draw 600 mA. I have various Boss adaptors. One for the GT8 (got that for 95euros) rated: Out14v - 0.8A - 11.2VA. I have one for a Boss ME50 rated output 9v - 200mA. One for a BR900 rated 9V - 1000mA, A variable voltage one rated 300mA, and one from a Roland microcube which appears to be rated DC output and probably explains why I destroyed the amp totally by accidentally picking up the adaptor for the BR900 and plugging it into the mains.

Question is, is it safe to use an AC output adaptor with a different current or voltage rating with this unit. As said it cost me 200 euros for the microcube amp when I used the wrong adaptor, so I dont want to guess. I have bought stuff from this supplier before and am pretty happy it will work but I have a week to take it back.

Your advice, as always, much appreciated.

Mike

I've researched this and read what I can find and I am still not quite sure of things. Can anyone tell me if this statement is true about these ac adaptors.

As long as the specd voltage is correct and the adaptor is rated to supply AT LEAST as much current as is required, it will be ok to use.

If so, I have one I can connect with.

regards

Mike

skinnybloke    4

Sorry Mike, I meant to respond last night.

The adapter must be the same voltage as whatever it's plugged into.

You can use an adapter with higher milliamps (but not less), the Boss will only use what it needs.

Make sure the polarity is correct on the connecter.

bugly    0

If you are using a device that requires AC input the make sure its the correct voltage.

If it is DC make sure the polarity and voltage are correct at the output. In both cases the power supply MUST supply the at least the MINIMUM current that is specified