Random Robot

Pro Tools?

Hey, My dad has a recording studio that uses Pro Tools and has the best of the best of everything that goes along with it. I'm thinking about buying some kind of little laptop or PC that I can get Protools on but just the basics. I just want to be able to record guitar, keys and drum loops on it and I'd be doing all the production/editing stuff over at his place along with any live drums and vocals. Any suggestions? Oh and by the way I a musician :smilinguitar: so it should be a given that I very poor ;) So I'll need something on the cheap but it does need to be Pro Tools capable.

I saw those, looks like a good buy. I just don't know anyone who has used the Mbox yet, I guess it gets the job done well enough, right? I want to record in the man cave away from fam so I'll need to get a new computer to run it on also, I was thinking something like a Mac Mini or something cheap like that. I'd only use to record on so I don't need all the extras.

I saw those, looks like a good buy. I just don't know anyone who has used the Mbox yet, I guess it gets the job done well enough, right? I want to record in the man cave away from fam so I'll need to get a new computer to run it on also, I was thinking something like a Mac Mini or something cheap like that. I'd only use to record on so I don't need all the extras.

I don't know if you're still interested in PT or not, but I got into PT LE about a year and a half ago. Check out the DUC (Digidesign Users Conference) forum and you'll get a ton of info and users to help you out.

Steve

So I scored a Mac G4 from my brother. The hard drives had died and he replaced it with a laptop. I bought one hard drive, my dad had a spare that I had to buy an adapter for (sata to ide) and he also has a digi002 that he only uses for live recordings in his mobile rig so I'm fairly set up for less than a hundred bones. Now the thing I'm looking for is Pro Tools its self. He can't find the software that came with the digi002 and when he's mobile he uses his laptop with a free download of Pro Tools that he can't remember where he got it from. Does anyone know where I can find pro tools online. I'd love to find a free version. I tried pirate bay but can't seem to get it to work. I can't even find a version to buy that's not just an upgrade.

Thanks,

Future Music Producer of the Year

So I scored a Mac G4 from my brother. The hard drives had died and he replaced it with a laptop. I bought one hard drive, my dad had a spare that I had to buy an adapter for (sata to ide) and he also has a digi002 that he only uses for live recordings in his mobile rig so I'm fairly set up for less than a hundred bones. Now the thing I'm looking for is Pro Tools its self. He can't find the software that came with the digi002 and when he's mobile he uses his laptop with a free download of Pro Tools that he can't remember where he got it from. Does anyone know where I can find pro tools online. I'd love to find a free version. I tried pirate bay but can't seem to get it to work. I can't even find a version to buy that's not just an upgrade.

Thanks,

Try this site. If this doesn't work, post this same question at the DUC. They are very helpful usually.

Steve

Thanks,

If you eventually want replace the actual drive I can help with that. I got an iBook G4 my self and I've had to replace the DC-in board. Fairly easy to disassemble.

Sounds like a good idea to me! I'll prob do the same!