Race21

Guitar for small hands?

Race21    0

I'd love to play guitar but need a little direction. I'm a 35 year old guy and I have the hands of a small child/woman. That makes it a bit tough to wrap my hand around the neck of most guitars. I picked up a Gibson SG, it seemed to fit but kinda goes against the grain of learning on an acoustic.

SO- Can anyone suggest a guitar for small hands?

Race21    0

Thanks. I'll go check one out. The local store here has an Ibanez RG4EX1 that seems to have a pretty good feel to it. Looked at a couple nylons and an Ovation Celebrity. The RG fit my hand the best. Anything thing good, bad or otherwise to be on the look out for? Looking forward to learning!

Thanks again.

nexxus    0

Hi. I'm new here as well, and I'm also new to playing the guitar. I also have small hands and I just purchased a guitar that is specifically built for people like us. the brand is Luna and they produce some of the best reasonablly priced and great looking guitars on the market. Check them out either on youtube or at lunaguitars.com I just purchased the Luna Trinity parlor. They have a great selection to choose from.