freestate101

Sennheiser md 441 Mic

I was given this mic along with a guitar from a friends wife after the origional owner passed away. The origional owner was "Werner Von Trapp", a nephew of the Sound of Music Von Trapps. I would like to use it for performances at church, but it will not work when plugged into our sound board. It does work when plugged into a guitar amp, and I'm wondering what's up. This is a dynamic mic and not a condenser, the other three mic's we have plugged in are dynamics and they work fine. Any help?

Jim

Hi freestate101, welcome to the forum! :clap:

You say it works when plugged into a guitar amp, so are you using the same 1/4" (guitar style) cable to connect it to the mixer?

If so, you won't be using the mic preamps built into the mixer, which are needed to boost the quiet signal from the microphone and you'd likely have to crank the volume up to hear it. You should try using an XLR mic cable that has connectors with three prongs:

xlr-cable.jpg

If that still doesn't work (or if you are already using that type of cable), let me know. We'll get this figured out as it sounds like the mic is fine if it works in the guitar amp. :winkthumb:

-tkr

Thanks for the reply Tekker, I am using a ZLR cable, the amp I tried the mic on has a dedicated mic channel. This is very frustrating for me, as the mixer board has 8 mic inputs and we are currently using only 3 of them. The only thing that I haven't done is to reconnect to the amp to see if the mic is still functioning. I will have to wait untill Thursday to get access to the amp. Will let you know how it goes, again, thanks for the help.

Jim

You say it works when plugged into a guitar amp, so are you using the same 1/4" (guitar style) cable to connect it to the mixer?

If so, you won't be using the mic preamps built into the mixer, which are needed to boost the quiet signal from the microphone and you'd likely have to crank the volume up to hear it. You should try using an XLR mic cable that has connectors with three prongs:

If that still doesn't work (or if you are already using that type of cable), let me know. We'll get this figured out as it sounds like the mic is fine if it works in the guitar amp. :winkthumb:

-tkr

Ok, if the mic still works when you try it on the amp then it could be the settings on the mixer for the channel you are using, such as the gain could be turned down on that channel, that channel may not be routed to the main output on the mixer, etc... So you could try unplugging one of the mics that is working and plug your mic into the same mixer channel as the other working mic. This will eliminate the possibility that the mixer settings are causing the problem.

If it still doesn't work when you plug into the working channel, then try cranking the gain up and see if you get anything from it... It could just be a really quiet mic that needs more volume.

-tkr

Hey Guys,

The same problem was with me, then i asked to my frnd and he has told me,the main problem of plug cable, and got a site also enter tech magic microphones by him,it has to be useful for me.

Thanks

Regards

Jack Jill

9027.attach

Hello Frnds,

Few days ago, I have bought a microphone with song chip from enter tech magic microphones,the sound's quality of microphone is really great, I m jubilant with that.

Thanks

Regards

Jack Jill