solidwalnut

Set-up for God Rest Ye

solidwalnut    5

I recorded this one a couple of Christmases ago. This is familiar Christmas tune with a famous 60's lick incorporated. I hope you like. 'Tis the season.

God Rest Ye

What brand of guitars

1979 Les Paul "The Paul" solid walnut

2001 Ibanez Ergodyne EDA900 bass

Boss DR-5 drum machine

Playing Accessories -

• string gauges - Dean Markley Blue Steel Custom lights (Reg bottoms, light tops)
  • plectrum - Dunlop Tortex .60 mm

I played the Les Paul through a Behringer V-AMP 2 (modeler) before sending it to the mixing console. The bass was direct to the console, the drum machine stereo out was direct to the console.

The V-AMP 2 was set on Modern High Gain.

Mixing console was a Tascam DM-24 with a digital connection to a Tascam DA-78HR recorder. Line out of the mixer to the computer for making the mp3.

I used a chorus effect on the lead parts using the on-board effects engines of the DM-24 (it has two).

Making the Recording -

• How many tracks did you use? - 8 tracks: 2 for drums, 1 for bass, 1 for electric rhythm, 2 for lead (x2)
  • What bit rate - The the DA-78HR records in 24 bit and the DM-24 processes the audio in 24 bit and keeps it that way.

skinnybloke    4

I was kinda expecting the typical acoustic version.... I've found one ear, I'm sure I'll find the other one soon :)

Think I need a vodka Martini to calm me down.

Very cool Steve.