Donahueghs

What guitar are u getting/do you want for Christmas?

carol m    64

I can honestly say I'm not wishing for any new guitars. The only exception would be if a cedar top lefty came over the horizon, I'd seriously consider swapping my spruce top for it.

starsailor    20

Some nice guitars here, I still want a Telecaster but this is the next thing on my wish list a Banjitar, hopefully the Family will have a whip round and get it for me but they may end up getting me a Ukelele as that's also on my list and cheaper.:yes:

8617.attach

carol m    64
Some nice guitars here, I still want a Telecaster but this is the next thing on my wish list a Banjitar, hopefully the Family will have a whip round and get it for me but they may end up getting me a Ukelele as that's also on my list and cheaper.:yes:

Have a go at this Chris.

Home Made Banjitar

I was thinking you could do similar but using a tambourine with a drum/skin top. Take off the cymbals, or glue them together for a hippy look, or leave them if you really like 'jangle':winkthumb: , cut 2 slots through the wooden sides for the long piece of wood for the neck and the same technique this guy uses. I'm not sure how you'd anchor the bridge though - could you just glue a saddle/bridge and let the tension hold it onto the skin. How is the bridge anchored on an ordinary banjo?

If you wanted to, it'd be quite easy to fit a pickup under the skin and then close the back off with some plywood or similar.

Donahueghs    0
Have a go at this Chris.

Home Made Banjitar

I was thinking you could do similar but using a tambourine with a drum/skin top. Take off the cymbals, or glue them together for a hippy look, or leave them if you really like 'jangle':winkthumb: , cut 2 slots through the wooden sides for the long piece of wood for the neck and the same technique this guy uses. I'm not sure how you'd anchor the bridge though - could you just glue a saddle/bridge and let the tension hold it onto the skin. How is the bridge anchored on an ordinary banjo?

If you wanted to, it'd be quite easy to fit a pickup under the skin and then close the back off with some plywood or similar.

That looks fun to make :smilinguitar: sounds surprisingly good for what looks like a pie tin.

starsailor    20
Have a go at this Chris.

Home Made Banjitar

Neat idea Carol, I still have a few Cigar boxes around for a project I haven't got around to yet, this would be a similar build, the bridge would be a floating wooden bridge which is the same as the one on my Balalaika, this has a metal tailpiece at the end of the body so you string through that over the bridge and the strings hold the bridge down, the one on the Balalaika is set at a slight angle seems to tune better that way, this would be the best way to do this project and the tailpieces are pretty easy to get hold of or for a metal worker to make, the Pie dish would be good for resonance or you could possibly use a Bodrhain as that would be stronger than a tambourine, think the neck would have to be a through neck, it would be possible to attach the strings to that too, interesting project, hopefully I'll get around to doing these things, maybe a good New years resolution, thanks for the heads up Carol be interesting to hear what this would sound like:winkthumb:

Cheers

Chris

starsailor    20

Nice guitar Darkhorizon, Didn't realize they sold them in the UK, don't think my Wife will stretch to one of them for me though, thinks I have too many already, Congrats. it's a beauty:winkthumb:

redwolf813    0

Yeah nice axe. I don't think Santa is gonna bring me much, not that I wasn't good mind you. But if I was wishing for something it'd probably be a 52 RI Telecaster, kind of like Springsteen's but his is the real thing I'd imagine. Hey Starsailor banjitars are cool. Keith Urban uses one in his band and there's always the excuse "but honey it isn't REALLY another guitar LOL. Here's an interesting link to one that's inexpensive ( I couldn't believe the price ) just in case Santa has some extra $ laying around Guitars - Related Instruments - Banjos - NEW SIX SHOOTER HYBRID 6 STRING BANJO BANJITAR GUITJO - Musicians Heaven :winkthumb:

starsailor    20
Yeah nice axe. I don't think Santa is gonna bring me much, not that I wasn't good mind you. But if I was wishing for something it'd probably be a 52 RI Telecaster, kind of like Springsteen's but his is the real thing I'd imagine. Hey Starsailor banjitars are cool. Keith Urban uses one in his band and there's always the excuse "but honey it isn't REALLY another guitar LOL.:winkthumb:

The Banjitar is top of my list Redwolf, there's no chance of me getting another guitar at the moment, the one I posted isn't expensive really so I'm hoping the Family will have a whip round and get it for me, I like the way you think, I'll mention it again and add your suggestion as a punchline should seal the deal, my mate keeps telling me to get a Fender Telecaster which would be nice to have, I have been saving up but it's still a way off yet, that's something I'll have to buy myself:winkthumb:

Cheers

Chris

redwolf813    0

Starsailor check my other post (revised) for the link to an inexpensive banjitar. I want a Tele too (sigh) but can't afford one now. I looked at the MIM's and they're nice but some (including the one I looked at) need a good pro setup. They even make the roadworn ones in the MIM models. That said they're getting great reviews on the GC site. :)

starsailor    20
Starsailor check my other post (revised) for the link to an inexpensive banjitar. I want a Tele too (sigh) but can't afford one now. I looked at the MIM's and they're nice but some (including the one I looked at) need a good pro setup. They even make the roadworn ones in the MIM models. That said they're getting great reviews on the GC site. :)

Thanks Redwolf, that's a lot better looking than the one I was looking at, just got to checkout the shipping rate but I don't think even with the shipping rate it will cost a lot more than the one I was looking at, my Sister is in the US. at the moment in Florida, there may be a possibility that she can get it for me, depends if she's in a good mood, really nice looking Banjitar that, I'm in love, cool site thanks for the link, I have checked out the MIM Telecasters, don't mind having a set up done, also looked at the Squiers but I would like a Mexican or USA Fender even though it will take a bit longer to save up, most of my guitars are lower end models, I like all my guitars but it would be nice to have something a bit special to play:winkthumb:

Cheers

Chris

carol m    64

I don't need any more guitars, but I've managed to swing a condenser mic for Christmas. I'm going with the MXL 2006, and if I don't sound as good as Jomi does with it, I'm gonna ask for a refund - the voice, not the mic. No excuses now.

Daktari    0

Hi there,

Although I have quite a collection to choose from, my main work-horse guitar is my Godin Solidac which is very excellent to play and is capable of a really wide range of sounds from acoustic to screaming electric,(if ever needed). And lots imbetween.

Only problem is, it's a little heavy. Not a problem for recording but for live work, I do get back ache sometimes. Therefore, a couple of guitars that might be able to replace or add to this theme:

The Carvin as seen in the following attachment.

Carvin.com - Custom Shop :: ae185

Second choice would be a Taylor T5 which I like a lot.

Gordon.:winkthumb:

Cross89    0
Hi there,

Although I have quite a collection to choose from, my main work-horse guitar is my Godin Solidac which is very excellent to play and is capable of a really wide range of sounds from acoustic to screaming electric,(if ever needed). And lots imbetween.

Only problem is, it's a little heavy. Not a problem for recording but for live work, I do get back ache sometimes. Therefore, a couple of guitars that might be able to replace or add to this theme:

The Carvin as seen in the following attachment.

Carvin.com - Custom Shop :: ae185

Second choice would be a Taylor T5 which I like a lot.

Gordon.:winkthumb:

Those are some mighty fine looking guitars there mate. Very nice.

I already purchased my 350DX. I'm just waiting for it to get here (super excited). Now, I know - you shouldn't buy before you try. But I saved quite a few dollars getting it online, and they have a trial period which you can try it out and if you don't like it, you get a refund or exchange. So it seemed like a fair deal to me.

I plan on replacing the pickups with EVO2 and PAF Joe. Two of my favorite artists and the tone all in one guitar. I think that'd be quite cool. I don't think I'll change any of the hardware than that though. I really like the black. I may go with a brass colour eventually, once my wallet recovers!

shonie777    3

I would like a Gibson ES 335 hollowbody 12 string like the one pictured thats on ebay. But that's way way out of my price range. I may have to settle for something a lot cheaper like an Argile, Starfire or something like that. Anyone have any suggestions on a nice 12 string hollowbody that won't break the bank?

Shonie

8657.attach

Cross89    0
i had the money i would relly like to own the ibanez jem 20th anniversary edition.like i sead dreaming.:smilinguitar: [ATTACH]8660[/ATTACH]

Nice man. You never know, you could win the lottery and get 20 20th anniversary editions. :winkthumb: