stormy00012

ibanez as73b vs epiphone les paul limited edition custom

So I have an ibanez as73b semi hollow body and like it, but I saw the epiphone les paul limited edition custom (black) and just love it. I was wondering what people think between the two. I play foo fighters and other rock stuff. Any impressions would be helpful because I would probably have to sell my ibanez to afford the les paul. Thanks!

Hi Stormy,

Welcome to the forum. I can't give you any specifics about the guitars you mention, but I suggesting trying out the epiphone first before making any decisions.

Best scenario of course would be if you could swing both! It's always are dream to have more! If not, maybe they have a lay a way plan or something if you really want it.

Good luck.

Annette

The Epi's are a bit spotty quality wise, so definately take Nutty's advise about trying some out. You'll find some real gems, but also run into a few that would need some finish work to be as playable as they should be. If you can be patient and save for the new guitar I think you'd be happier. A nice hollowbody is so versatile.

I have an Epi Les Paul and an AS73B. I also like playing foo fighters, both sound good for their songs. Guitars are such a personal thing, that's why we tend to have a couple for different tones and styles.

I have the Epiphone Les Paul Custom in silverburst. I took a chance at ordering online and am very pleased. It has the signature LP note and great sustain. My only complaints are the neck pickup is a little muddy with distortion and the guitar is heavy (in weight).

Those are two very different guitars so it'll depend on your needs. Since you already have an Ibanez (I'm guessing that's a solidbody?), you could try getting a hollow-body to add a different sound to your collection.

BUT, if you really like the Epi, go for it. I have an Epi Elite LP Custom which I think has excellent build quality (mine's made in Japan, though).

One thing I didn't like though was that the frets were too low for my liking especially since I like bending a lot, so I changed the frets to larger ones and couldn't be happier.