doug russell

My newest addition.

Well I've moved to Canada, not thinking about bringing a guitar. Whats a person to do? My girlfriend loves me playing guitar and says when you going to start playing again, I didnt give a thought about guitars. She says there are a couple of guitar stores here, so c'mon I'll buy you a guitar. So off to the GS's we go. I said to my girlfriend ,I've always liked the Canadian built Larrivee and the Seagul. They had a Larrivee is the first store in Fredericton, and I sat there and played for at least 20 mins. It was a stunning piece of craftsmanship and it was an absolute pleasure to play. but it was $1200 and Shelly had got her plastic out ready to pay for it, I said can we look in some more stores first. So off we go to a couple more stores and we were going to go back for the Larrivee. Then this really helpful gs owner said to me why dont you try a Simon & Patrick,. He handed me this stunning satin finished S&P and it felt really warm and comfortable to hold and when I started to play it a big smile came on my face as I go through some beatles tunes for about half an hour.I asked him how much this guitar was, because I know they are built just outside Quabec. I was amazed when he told me the price of "$380", I bought it along with a few things like a stand bag and had the strings changed to Elixir phospher. While I was there I equired about a mandolin as I was always interested in playing the mandolin. So I bought a Epiphone for $240, or so I thought. When we got home my girlfriend checked the reciept and said to me "we only payed 40 cents for the mandolin". So I phoned the guitar store and told them and the manager said to me, because I was honest about the mistake I could keep the mandolin for 40 cents. How about that then.

8569.attach

8570.attach

8571.attach

8572.attach

8573.attach

Very nice addition. I'll give you what you paid for the mando, I wouldn't want to see youu take a loss. LOL Congrats and enjoy.

Thank for your kind offer and in this current economic climate it's a very fair offer (NOT). But saddly I will decline at this moment . But when I'm destitute and on the streets playing for a crumb or 2 I'll certainly think about it. I'm now trying to get used to playing the mandolin. with my fat fingers thats a feet in itself, if anyone wants to give me some tips on playing the mandolin I'd be very grateful

Although I love the S&P, I really and truely miss my American fat strat and my other guitars that are being kindley stored by my brother back in England until I get them all shipped here in the spring. God I really have got the guitar playing bug back. :smilinguitar::yes:

Congratulations on your new axes Doug.

I have a 6 and 12 string Simon and Patrick and I love them. I bought a Garrison which is also a nice guitar, but about twice the price, but I went back to the Simon and Patrick. I believe S&P is made by the same company who makes the Segul's.

I always say the honesty pays off, which it has done in your case. Great deal!

Annette

Congratulations on your new axes Doug.

I have a 6 and 12 string Simon and Patrick and I love them. I bought a Garrison which is also a nice guitar, but about twice the price, but I went back to the Simon and Patrick. I believe S&P is made by the same company who makes the Segul's.

I always say the honesty pays off, which it has done in your case. Great deal!

Annette

Yes I believe your correct, they are all part of the Godin umbrella. They also have Art & Lutherie, Norman, in fact I think they have all the Canadian guitar manufacturers.:smilinguitar:

Congratulations, Doug. My daughters all have one form of Godin guitar or other, and I have an Art and Lutherie parlour guitar. I used to have a seagull S6 with a cedar top.

They're good value. Some day you may want to go back for that Larrivee, though. ;)

Congratulations, Doug. My daughters all have one form of Godin guitar or other, and I have an Art and Lutherie parlour guitar. I used to have a seagull S6 with a cedar top.

They're good value. Some day you may want to go back for that Larrivee, though. ;)[/quoteYou know I reckon your right there, I was very very tempted, but I didnt want to hurt my girlfriends bank accont. Hats off to Canadian luthiers, they make some of the best guitars in the world.:smilinguitar:

Beautiful looking instrument.

I wonder if Canada is going to be the guitar centre of the world. My Sparrow came from there and the workmanship is stunning. Seems everyone with a Canadian guitar is pleased with it.

Thank for your kind offer and in this current economic climate it's a very fair offer (NOT). But saddly I will decline at this moment . But when I'm destitute and on the streets playing for a crumb or 2 I'll certainly think about it. I'm now trying to get used to playing the mandolin. with my fat fingers thats a feet in itself, if anyone wants to give me some tips on playing the mandolin I'd be very grateful

Although I love the S&P, I really and truely miss my American fat strat and my other guitars that are being kindley stored by my brother back in England until I get them all shipped here in the spring. God I really have got the guitar playing bug back. :smilinguitar::yes:

If you're that bad off just leave the Mando case open on the sidewalk and I'll surely find a way to help out, bro.. enjoy that little puppy!