hb

Audacity question!

Was recently directed to Audacity so decided to check out this thread. I hope you pick this up, I know the thread is quite old. I came to the bottom and checked out your lessons. I do not know why I have never looked before. This is good stuff and beautifully presented. Thanks very much.

Mike

Was recently directed to Audacity so decided to check out this thread. I hope you pick this up, I know the thread is quite old. I came to the bottom and checked out your lessons. I do not know why I have never looked before. This is good stuff and beautifully presented. Thanks very much.

Mike

Thanks michael, I appreciate it. :)

And if you haven't already checked out the Reaper recording program (which I did most of my lessons on) I highly recommend checking it out. :yes: It is a fantastic program.

REAPER | Audio Production Without Limits

I'm actually starting to use Reaper now for tracking. I've never used Reaper in my "real" recordings, I've just had it to mess around wit it. But I've found that it has some really cool features for tracking that my main recording program (Samplitude) doesn't have. So I'm going to be adding Reaper into the mix for recording then I'll move over to Samplitude for editing and mixing.

If Reaper keeps up the pace that it's been going at, it may be able to replace my recording program (and maybe all of them?) eventually. It's come a LONG way in a short period of time. :winkthumb:

-tkr

Hi. We had some dialogue some time ago and I looked at Reaper. Have recently had more problems with Boss and so hope to bring my change over to pc recording forward to the end of this month. I had hoped to leave it six months to prove to my dependants that I do not put my hobby before my obligations. However, since I obviously do, I'll most likely go Reaper, which means I will most likely come crying to you for help. We shall see.

Best wishes

Mike

I'll most likely go Reaper, which means I will most likely come crying to you for help. We shall see.

Ah, Reaper's not so bad. :D It's just a matter of learning how it does things, but the basic steps are all the same whether you're using Audacity, Reaper, or even the Boss recording unit.

Also, as you're going through my reaper tutorial, if you see anything that is still confusing and you still have questions then let me know and I will try to update it. :)

-tkr