Robin Jansen

Latency problems's -.-'

Hey,

My name is Robin and i just got a new soundcard.

i want to record and stuff, but AGAIN i got latency. Now i don't know if my soundcard is that good.. i doubt it..

Setup:

Soundcard: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty Professional series.

Mixer: Behringer EURORACK Mx802A

Record: Audacity (soon it will be Cubase)

Mic: Behringer b2-pro

now when i record i put on the metronome on my keyboard.

then i try to play with the metronome(to check the latency)

but there is latency..even with a guitar thru mic it has latency.

if tried installing ASIO4ALL, but i don't know if it helps on Audacity(there is no difference-.-'

I don't know what to do,

can someone help me?

Regards, Robin

Tekker    1

Hey Robin,

How long ago did you get it? After a google search, it looks like that card was over $100. If you got the Sound Blaster card for the purpose of music recording, then I would return it if you still can. Sound Blasters just aren't good for music recording (even the expensive ones), they don't sound good and they have higher latency (as you've noticed).

If you can still return it, I would look at an audio interface that is designed for music recording. M-Audio makes a variety of products in a different price ranges, so let us know if you are able to return it and how much you'd like to spend on a new audio interface.

-tkr

Tekker    1
but do you know a good soundcard with:

NO latency

GOOD quality

Unfortunately, there's no such thing as "no" latency as everything digital takes time to process. But you can get very low latency so that you don't notice it.

Here are a couple options.

This one has two input channels: one channels is a mic input and the other is a high impedance instrument input so you can plug your guitar straight into the interface without needing an amp, direct box, etc... Both channels also have the option to be line inputs.

M-Audio Firewire Solo Audio Interface - ($200)

This one also has two channels and both channels can be either mic inputs or line inputs. There is no high impedance setting for plugging a guitar in directly.

M-Audio FireWire 410 - ($250)

I don't think you can go wrong with anything by M-Audio as they make VERY good quality recording gear. I have the M-Audio Profire 2626 (more expensive) and it is awesome! :)

-tkr

Tekker    1
i work with Cubase.

some friend of mine send me an email: CI2 Advanced Integration USB Studio

I just checked out a video of it on youtube and that does look very cool. It's not just an audio interface, it's also a basic controller for Cubase. Very neat idea. :winkthumb:

do u think it is good?

I've never heard of it until now, so all I know about it is that it sure looks cool in the video. :D

YouTube - CI2 - Advanced Integration USB Studio

I just tried searching some recording forums and the only thing I found that mentioned it was on a "pro" forum where they gripe about anything that costs less than $100,000. LOL So this must be a brand new unit, but it's still strange that no one is talking about it yet on the forums. :dunno:

-tkr