hb

Guitar & Track through headphones?

hb    0

If I wanted to practice along with a track in quiet, that is using headphones, is there a way that I can plug my amp into the line-in jack on the computer and then open up a song and play along with it and hear both the guitar and the track while using headphones? I know I have done this with Audacity when recording over a track, that is, listen to my playing while the track is playing also, but when not wanting to record, just be able to hear yourself and the track that is playing, I really don't know how one sets something like that up. Any help?

thanks,

hb

hb    0
If I wanted to practice along with a track in quiet, that is using headphones, is there a way that I can plug my amp into the line-in jack on the computer and then open up a song and play along with it and hear both the guitar and the track while using headphones? I know I have done this with Audacity when recording over a track, that is, listen to my playing while the track is playing also, but when not wanting to record, just be able to hear yourself and the track that is playing, I really don't know how one sets something like that up. Any help?

thanks,

hb

After asking this, I now remember that when recording over a track using Audacity that, I DO NOT hear my guitar through the headphones...just the track. It's not until I play the recording back that I hear both the guitar and the track. Just thought I'd clarify this to lessen the confusion.

thanks again,

hb

Tekker    1
After asking this, I now remember that when recording over a track using Audacity that, I DO NOT hear my guitar through the headphones...just the track. It's not until I play the recording back that I hear both the guitar and the track. Just thought I'd clarify this to lessen the confusion.

Yeah, I have no idea how to do this in Audacity or if it even can do it. But I know Reaper will do what you want. :winkthumb: Have you tried walking through the Reaper tutorial yet?

-tkr

hb    0

No, not yet. I have Reaper installed, but not looking forward to learning a new program just yet. I will wait until it's my last option. Thanks,

hb

hb    0

I had a go at the Reaper manual.....it says that it's 400 pages! So I snooped around on the program and played with it for awhile. Either Audacity is way to simple, or Reaper is way too complicated! The instructions on your tutorial didn't seem to want to match what I found on my Reaper, maybe it's just my stupidity......dunno. I do know that it seems complicated using my expertise! UUUGGGG!

hb