hb

help on setting up recorder

When following Tekker's lessons on recording into a computer, I open Master Volume, then options, then properties and I get the window that lists the playback, recording, and other, but the "recording" and "other" are greyed out and does not let me select the "recording" option. Thus, I can go no further. Any thought would be appreciated.

Thanks!

hb

hb,

Open Control Panel and then double click Audio/Sounds. Go to the Audio tab and make sure that you have hardware assigned for Playback and Recording. If the feature is grayed out it usually means there is no device assigned or you do not have security access to that feature.

hb,

Open Control Panel and then double click Audio/Sounds. Go to the Audio tab and make sure that you have hardware assigned for Playback and Recording. If the feature is grayed out it usually means there is no device assigned or you do not have security access to that feature.

Thanks! By using that route, I could get to the "recording" tab. I couldn't get there via previous route.....don't know why. I think the easy parts over.....it looks a little technical from here on out.....dunno!

hb

Are you using Reaper? You wouldn't want to be able to use it perfectly in one day would you? Where's the fun in that? :)

And if someone knows how to label different bits in a track I'd appreciate a tip on that.

Are you using Reaper? You wouldn't want to be able to use it perfectly in one day would you? Where's the fun in that? :)

And if someone knows how to label different bits in a track I'd appreciate a tip on that.

All I have right now is a computer, speakers, microphone, and Audacity. I have played around with Audacity , and am somewhat familiar with it. I have used it to create practice sound loops, and also use it to listen to what I have recorded and used some of the tools to clean up the recording. I was hoping to record straight to the computer and get rid of some of the noise. When recording, I can even hear the fan on my computer running in the background!

hb

Use the noise reduction effect, the instructions are in Help. You may need to get an Audio interface so you use a good soundcard instead of the computer's onboard sound card. You can get them fairly cheaply and they make a huge difference to reducing the noise in a recording and giving a better tone to everything.