GotDeeBlues    3

Of course! Couldn't go home empty handed, now could I? I actually went up there to buy a Guild D50 he had but decided to be somewhat responsible and save a few hundred since it was a toss up in the sound of them when A/B'ed.

carol m    64
Thanks, Carol and Manta, I'm surely enjoying it. (Did I hear a voice whisper "You need a cedar/mahogany" or was that my imagination?

I do have a cedar/mahogany which I love, but.....I can't help wondering how a cedar/rosewood might sound :guitardude:

GotDeeBlues    3

I had a Samick Rio Grande which had cedar/ ovangkohl. They say that wood is similar to a rodewood tone, and I liked it a lot, regret selling it. It had a very mellow and warm sound with D'Addario 12's.

Kirk Lorange    128

What a gorgeous looking guitar, GDB.

So that was your 'other' purchase. Looks like you've got a long autumn and winter of twangin' coming up. :yes:

What's the f-hole I see in the background? Is it a Gibson? I use to have an L-7 (I think) that looked just like it.

GotDeeBlues    3

Thanks, all. Yes. Kirk, the Yairi is the latest addition and will get a good workout with the PlaneTalk when it arrives, thanks. The photo was taken at the shop, so the background is the acoustic room, not my collection. I guess I'll have to do an update of my four and post.

scotty_b    16
Of course! Couldn't go home empty handed, now could I?

That is a dangerous state of mind to entertain in a music shop!

I used to work 2 days a week in a guitar store and the fools gave me an account....

Very nice guitar btw!

shonie777    3

Very sweet Alvarez. Great find!

Looking at yours, I notice it has the same exact rosewood bridge I had on my Alvarez 12 string. Mine split right down the center where the saddle goes. Had a custom bridge made out of ebony for mine. Cost me an arm and a leg, but it was worth it. Sounds even better now.

I'm not knockin' your guitar, just thought I'd give ya a heads up on that bridge.

Shonie

GotDeeBlues    3

Thanks, but it actually looks a lot bettter than a 27 yr old bridge. Not so much as a surface crack, so I guess whoever owned it before me never left it anywhere it would dry out.