carol m

Stomp box kick drum

Carol m,

This is a cool gadget. I have something like that now made by Ellis out of Australia.

Try this, Take a mic, put it in a box. Linda of like a shoe box. Be sure it has a foam wind cover. Plug it into your interface. Go to your Garage Band and make a real track. For effects, choose drums. Turn on your record button and tap on the box or lightly stomp on it. See what you come up with. Nice to have two mic's of course, one to stomp with and the other to play along with.

Have fun :)

That's quite creative.

I see that as more for a solo guitarist (like what he was doing in the first video) instead of a kick replacement on a real set. I wouldn't use it to replace a real kick drum, but without a doubt that is the best sounding hockey puck I've ever heard. :D

-tkr

The second vid doesn't use a real kick drum, it's just a set up where you can use a kick drum pedal to strike the puck instead of stomping on the puck itself in case you prefer that.

The second vid doesn't use a real kick drum, it's just a set up where you can use a kick drum pedal to strike the puck instead of stomping on the puck itself in case you prefer that.

I just meant that I wouldn't use it in place of a real kick drum on a drum set. In one of the videos he said you could use the puck at gigs instead of taking your huge kick drum, but I would much rather take the huge kick drum. :D

-tkr

but I would much rather take the huge kick drum. :D

-tkr

I can imagine stomping a kick drum would be great - I've sometimes eyed the drum sets at the local music store but haven't had the nerve yet to sit down and have a bash/kick - hard to do without someone noticing.