Thanx Tekker for awesome chord generator

5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Zax

Newcomer

• Active Members
  • 30 posts
  • Joined 13-August 09

Posted 28 August 2009 - 06:49 AM

Just want to thank Tekker,(and his mom) for an excellent and masterful post: Random Chord Generator.

Can't imagine the technical know-how that goes into something like this. Very generous as well.

Best regards,
Zax

#2 OFFLINE   Tekker

Lesson Contributor

• Lesson Contributors

• 1,396 posts
  • Joined 17-June 06

Posted 28 August 2009 - 09:32 PM

Thanks Zax! :)

As far a technical know-how, I'm studying programming in school and have been at it about a year and a half. And I'm sure any real programmer would be scratching their head if they looked at my code as I probably didn't follow the most efficient methods, but it works for me. ;)

The hardest part was actually the GUI because we didn't spend much time on that in school. I had to post on the Java forum a couple times to get some these things figured out.

The first version of the chord progression generator that I made, I did right after my first term of programming. So it took about 11 weeks of know-how to make the first one.
http://www.guitarfor...sion-generator/

Thanks again for the kind comments and I hope you get a lot of good use out of it. :guitardude:

-tkr
'Cause I don't wanna read the book, I'll watch the movie.

Tekker's Lessons on GfB&B: Music Theory, Recording, and General Guitar

#3 OFFLINE   carol m

Songwriting Moderator

• Moderators

• 7,257 posts
  • Joined 21-March 06

Posted 29 August 2009 - 01:31 AM

Well spotted Zax - Tekker is our resident techy genious, amongst others, and he's helped me out of many a glitich-hole (like a black hole but more geeky). Check out all his lessons on theory and recording, they are very, very useful.
One good thing about music is that when it hits you, you feel no pain - Bob Marley

#4 OFFLINE   Zax

Newcomer

• Active Members
  • 30 posts
  • Joined 13-August 09

Posted 09 September 2009 - 08:43 AM

Got an email that Lyagushkka? had posted on this thread, but don't see it anywhere. Perhaps it's just my tech blindness. Ah well, I'm in treatment for same so eventually I expect to be a tech monster. Right.

To all who may read this: Have a fine day, and keep those fingers twangin'.

Zax

#5 OFFLINE   Tekker

Lesson Contributor

• Lesson Contributors

• 1,396 posts
  • Joined 17-June 06

Posted 09 September 2009 - 04:35 PM

Zax said:

Got an email that Lyagushkka? had posted on this thread, but don't see it anywhere. Perhaps it's just my tech blindness.
Lyagushkka was a spambot and it got deleted. So you're not techie blind. :D

-tkr
'Cause I don't wanna read the book, I'll watch the movie.

Tekker's Lessons on GfB&B: Music Theory, Recording, and General Guitar

#6 OFFLINE   Zax

Newcomer

• Active Members
  • 30 posts
  • Joined 13-August 09

Posted 09 September 2009 - 04:58 PM

Tekker said:

Lyagushkka was a spambot and it got deleted. So you're not techie blind. :D

-tkr

I appreciate the education Tekker. I stick around here long enough I may even lose my membership in the Dinosaurs of North America Alive Today Club.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users