michaelcreese

BR900CD blank screen

Can anyone help? This has all the hallmarks of a real problem but just in case, the screen on the above recorder has gone blank. All I have is the matrix and a vertical line to the left. Intermitently the info comes back , then goes again. The functions seem to be working, I can record and play back, but without the screen info I cant tell what its doing or where I am in a process such as editing, bouncing etc. I suppose its back to the shop with it but if there is an easy fix that you know of, I'd appreciate your info.

Just took me about thirty minutes to find this thread so I dont suppose anyone else will but just in case, in fifty years time some poor so and so is trawling this and has just bought a BR900CD in a junk shop, here is what happened. I took out the flash card to see if I could find a new one. About six hours later, not having found a new one, I put the old one back in. Full screen came up, as it had a dozen times before, but this time it didnt disappear. It seems to have fixed itself, as I half thought it might. I have just completed three hours hard work on it and its still fine. It has aberrations. It would not erase all of one track, it left eight secs of old music right in the middle that could not be removed or recorded over. May be the card but it does other weird things too. Not to worry. I feel this bit of kit may be punching beyond its weight. Its capable of such a lot, it may be bit too complicated. We shall see. All the best.

Yeah, this thing does funny stuff. I was in pitch correction when it went mad. Everything shifted tracks and more strange stuff. Dont know the difference betweent the 600 and 900, its not so easy to get stuff over here so I tend to buy whats in stock, but the 900 is fine if youre not too fussy, at least mine is, but maybe I am getting fussy. Hope you have better luck.