kidhaiti

suggestion for enhancing user experience on the forum

suggestion for enhancing user experience on the forum

Hi Clancy,

Firstly love the site, and thought the following might be of interest;

I was wondering if you have considered or are aware of yahoo media player which allows the end user to play embedded or uploaded files directly from the page with out downloading them.

It’s a great feature that nullifies waiting for files to download and open in an external player before listening.

It also seems easy to add to a site either by embedded code or linked javascript file.

The player itself is unobtrusive slider that is easy to open and hide.

I use it as part of foxytunes in my browser, and thought of suggesting it to you when I came across a post by one of the members who had linked their file with the YMP code.

Here a link to the developers page , incase your interested.

Cheers and keep up the great work,

j

Hi Kid, thanks for the suggestion. I did read this when you first posted it and I thought I had replied... guess I didn't hit the send button.

There are a few options available to embed uploaded files in the forum. I haven't looked at yahoo media player, but I have at a few others. In fact there are ones that are designed to work with the forum software that we use here... I've always been a bit hesitant to implement any of them however as browser updates, forum upgrades, OS upgrades etc. always seem to need embed code to be upgraded and changed and hours put into troubleshooting to find out why it isn't working for one or two members...

Thanks for taking the time to post though, it's always appreciated.

Cheers

Clancy

Hi Clancy,

I fully get the cross browser /platform issues and suspected it might be a factor for you.

I got a bit excited when I went to download a file and the play popped out and started playing so i thought i'd share, really though downloading is hardly an issue, and worth it to hear creations and songs of others that share the same passion and interest in music.( and what makes your site so great )

when i first got my computer it played files like this in the back ground,then with various upgrades to osx and software it seems to have gotten more convoluted (not unlike my rambling here.)

universal standards would be great but diversity and choice is what makes the web so great too.

thanks for the response and keep up the good work

cheers,

j