scotty_b

Latest incarnation of my electric setup

scotty_b    16

Well after trying to simplify everything, I have seen my pedalboard and amp setup grow once again. The latest incarnation is shown below.

I also recently bought the extension cabinet for my Laney amp. I am really enjoying the flexibility of this setup, and can get a wide range of tones from it.

On the pedalboard is a Banshee Talk Box, Hotcake Overdrive, Satchurator Distortion Pedal. Boosta Grande, BBE Sonic Maximiser, the Boss Gt8 and a power supply.

My acoustic pedalboard setup has grown too - have to take some photos of that at some stage. My acoustic setup has gone from plugging into the PA to having a rather large pedalboard setup for that as well.

The only good thing is that I really cannot think of what else I would add in, but I am sure that will change!

8299.attach

8300.attach

carol m    64

I still see space on your board! I can't compete with your Boss or stomp boxes.....but I see you use the same Hot Line leads as me. :)

scotty_b    16

To be honest, I think I am in control with the board. I think I am in control with most of my gear now...though I am doing some fairly high-profile gigs for a country-rock singer at the moment, and so have been wondering if I should buy a telecaster....

Kirk Lorange    128

Looking good ... sounding good too, I bet.

I had a whole bunch of boxes when I first moved to Brisbane but they were stolen from my car one day. I panicked, but to my delight found I could do without them all, in fact I liked my sound straight in to the amp much better. I've started to collect some again, though.

scotty_b    16

I am very happy with the sounds. I have worked at getting the pedals to be as transparent as possible, and just enhancing the basic tone of the amp and whatever guitar I am playing through it.

This setup is pretty flexible too, and I can go from playing a jazz gig with the archtop to playing in a duo and covering something like U2, and the overdrive/distortion pedals interact really well with the amp. I am now working in the idea of 5 gain stages, with a clean sound, a very light overdrive on the amp, then a boost pedal to kick that into something more like an AC/DC tone without the volume; the hotcake pedal with my strat and a moderate amount of drive gets me into Eric Johnson territory, with blue Ibanez I can get close to Santana's sound. The new Vox pedal I was given adds something else into the mix as well, with lots of gain and harmonics popping out everywhere. Great for Satriani-type leads, which I love as he has been a huge influence on me.

Do you have any gigs booked during the last week of August Kirk? I am playing at Gympie; if you have anything on that week whilst I am up your way and can drop in and see you playing I would be very keen to do so.