Tekker

Random Chord Progression Generator - Update!

Thanks knight46 and Fretsource, glad you liked it! :)

Fretsource, thanks for the bug report. It's fixed now.

-tkr

Doesn't work on my Mac OS10.4.11 using Safari. I can open the Java panel but pressing x does nothing.

Have you tried loading other flash animations? If so and the other flash animations worked, can you try another browser like Firefox?

-tkr

Flash works fine I just loaded the latest java update too. Still doesn't work with any browser. I've tried Firefox, Safari, Navigator. Funny thing is I have an older version of Java loaded on one of my other Macs and the Java control at least works. I can't load the application there either but at lest I get error messages and can clean the classloader by typing x. On my G5 typing X does nothing. I'm going to try reinstalling the Java update and see what happens.

I even tried InterNet Explorer with no luck. Just doesn't work on a Mac I guess. :hurt: BTW here is the error I get in Explorer and Camino

Ooops, I just noticed I said "flash" animations, but I meant Java. lol

That's very strange, I know that Java v1.6 doesn't work on a Mac yet, but supposedly v1.5 does (which is what I used).

Is anyone else having problems on a Mac?

-tkr

*********** NEW UPDATE ***********

I just added a mode for open chords only. This mode is great for beginning guitarists as you can select the chords that you know and it will put them in random orders so you can practice switching between different chords. You can also use it to write songs in a particular key using only open chords.

http://www.guitarforbeginners.com/forum/tekkers-lessons/23976-random-chord-progression-generator-v2/

Enjoy! :smilinguitar:

-tkr

Impressive :claping:

What if you simplified it so you had buttons for beginner, intermediate & advanced?

Some chords are quite hard to master for newbies, especially the pesky F. Perhaps have a short annotation next to chords explaining their structure and why they go together.

Again, well done :clap:

Thanks everyone. :)

What if you simplified it so you had buttons for beginner, intermediate & advanced?

Some chords are quite hard to master for newbies, especially the pesky F.

Did you see the Open Chords setting? That is the beginner setting. If you didn't see it, click on the drop down menu that says "Diatonic" and select "Open Chords" from the menu. This mode has only the basic open chords (no barre chords) and you can check the chords you know how to play and it will only use those chords. I tried to make this mode very beginner friendly.

Perhaps have a short annotation next to chords explaining their structure and why they go together.

The chords that are put together in the "Diatonic" mode with the "Completely Random" button turned off uses the music theory technique that I explained in this lesson. I could probably add some notes saying which movement they used (up 2, down 3, or up 4).

If the "Completely Random" button is turned on, then it simply chooses random chords from whichever key you have chosen. The only reason these chords go together is because they are in the same key. I could also try adding the motions used for this. This way you could quickly see where the progression/regression movements (you'll probably need to read my lesson I posed above to understand this) are happening. I just added this to my features to add list. :winkthumb:

If you choose the "Chromatic" mode, then there is absolutely no reason why they go together. It randomly chooses from any of the 12 chords and puts them together. It basically like playing random power chords all over the guitar. LOL This mode usually won't sound very good, I only put it in for fun in case someone wanted to mess around with it. :D

-tkr