I just noticed that the dates are in "month-day-year"... I find this strange, 'cause I have never encountered such a thing before.

It's usually day-month-year (which also makes most sense IMO) or at sometimes year-month-day.

Don't know if others are used to anything else, but I find it very confusing that it's in that form.

Just a small detail, but still worth notcing. XP

Thanks for pointing that out. I also prefer dd/mm/yy as that's what we use in the UK. However I believe the other format is standard in the US and other territories.

Thanks for pointing that out. I also prefer dd/mm/yy as that's what we use in the UK. However I believe the other format is standard in the US and other territories.

Its dd/mm/yy here in India too, but I guess a US format would be appropriate as a standard for all. Just my opinion :) :) :)

Regds

Kush

Far as I know they do not use any different style in U.S.

At least I have never ever seen any organisation or anything use it.

And still, if the rest of the world uses the other style, why use a U.S standard? :P

It's my understanding that the US does use the alternative date format as can be seen here. The software used to run this site was produced in the States and so is set to that date format as standard. I guess nobody thought to change it, or thought it was a big issue. Clancy, who is the admin here, will probably answer later on.

PS welcome to the forum, Shady Starlight

si16 is correct. The US does use month, day, year.... and although we are based in Australia, most of our visitors are from the US, that's why we use the US date format here on the forum.

Unfortunately, using either date format is going to confuse some people, so what I've done is change the dates shown here so that they now show in the long date format, for example 3/12/06 is shown as March 12th 2006 - this should make it easier to read and understand for those who aren't used to the US date format.

Hope that helps

Clancy

I've got so used to reading dates in the US format that it didn't really occur to me that most people who live in places where it's date/month/year would find it confusing. I'm glad it was pointed out so that we now all find it easy to read the dates.

I also changed the date/time format, so that it now reads (minutes and hours ago) that a thread was updated instead of it saying yesterday/today. What does everyone prefer? The yesterday/today format or the minute/hour format?

Clancy

I like the minute/hour format. But I'm too new to count.

No you're not seagull. All members opinions are taken into account. Thanks for responding. :)

Clancy

Darn... I thought you guys where giving away free Dates... (As in, pre-shriveled prunes)... You made me hungry for a tasty treat...!!! :o)

Mmmm...!!! Post... I may be treading the line of good taste here, but, there is nothing

like some good post after my morning toast...!!!

Thank you, ladies and gentlemen, I'm here every night till 2 am. Please don't forget the

tip jar by the door...!!!

Good night and good riddance.... ;o)

si16 is correct. The US does use month, day, year.... and although we are based in Australia, most of our visitors are from the US, that's why we use the US date format here on the forum.

Unfortunately, using either date format is going to confuse some people, so what I've done is change the dates shown here so that they now show in the long date format, for example 3/12/06 is shown as March 12th 2006 - this should make it easier to read and understand for those who aren't used to the US date format.

Hope that helps

Clancy

Aye! That was a wonderful solution, thanks very much! :)

Also the minute/hour format is much nicer, imo =)

PS welcome to the forum, Shady Starlight

Thanks, n' hi everyone! =)

I also changed the date/time format, so that it now reads (minutes and hours ago) that a thread was updated instead of it saying yesterday/today. What does everyone prefer? The yesterday/today format or the minute/hour format?

Clancy

I go for the minute/hour format myself.

Geoff.:)

Here I thought this thread was about on how to pick up ladies! LOL Oh well, back to the drawing board. LOL

A thread named "Dates" in the Suggestions/Troubleshooting & Feedback forum... hmm, I see where the confusion came from Cedric. ;)

Clancy