FatStrat

Recording thru soundcard with amplitube

FatStrat    0

Not really "temp" folders, just different folders on a different drive.

If Reaper couldn't find them, Iwould think that was the problem, but they specifically allow you to add multiple paths. When I try to add the Dig effects, they show up in the selection box. In fact it doesn't crash until I select a Dig VST (any Dig VST), so I don't see how that could be the problem.

I think it must be a problem between Dig and Reaper. I just downloaded Reaper yesterday after I read your post about it so I assume it's the latest version. I did some searching last night and saw some posts on another site about trouble with Dig on AMD processors. I have an AMD, so that could be my problem. I may just have to do without. Too bad. It looked pretty cool.

OldG    3

AMD 3000+ chip in the PC I'm at now - runs DIG a treat...

I managed to find an older version which may work for you here

Tekker    1

I've got a dual core AMD and it works here in Reaper.

You could try posting on the Reaper forum.

-tkr

FatStrat    0

I downloaded the older version 1.03 and it worked great! Really nice for a free amp. Thanks for the link and special thanks for the "technical support" OldG! I'm using an older Athlon XP 2600 and they may have been the problem.

I think I have everything working now. My next step is to try some of the stuff on the freebies list provided by Tekker.

I've really learned a lot in the week or so since I stumbled onto guitarforbeginners.com. Thanks to everyone for the help and advice!

Noodler    1
Computer Music magazine ( available in the US) is giving away Guitar Rig 3 LE on its cover DVD this month.

I will also recomend DIG 2.0 - the download link is at the bottom of the page.

Hope this isn't a dumb question, but can you record with Guitar Rig, or is it just effects? Will buy that mag if I can find it.

OldG    3

Sure you can record.. you can add most amp sims as VST in Reaper at any time before or after recording. So, you can change the amp,preset,tone or fx on your guitar track at any time to your satisfaction.

Guitar Rig vid shows what can be done with the full vesion.

I'm not sure if the LE version will loop, as I haven't got to install it yet - but it does have some nice amps and effects.

Noodler    1
Sure you can record.. you can add most amp sims as VST in Reaper at any time before or after recording. So, you can change the amp,preset,tone or fx on your guitar track at any time to your satisfaction.

Guitar Rig vid shows what can be done with the full vesion.

I'm not sure if the LE version will loop, as I haven't got to install it yet - but it does have some nice amps and effects.

Thanks. That's a 3 thumbs up. Cool clip. :winkthumb: :winkthumb: :winkthumb:

That's pretty much the aim. I saw the full versions advertised in a bundle with a guitar today (an LP-type), so I'll look into that. But I bet the guy in the video made it look easier than it is...as people do when they're good at stuff, they make it look easy. I wonder if the footswitch on the floor was a looper?

Will look for that magazine tomorrow at the shops.