Hilch

Have a songwriting theme

Just a thought why not have a theme posted each week or 2 weeks what ever , and budding song writters write a song on that theme / subject . I have noticed in song writting forum there is alot of people asking help me write this and that , I just think if they were encouraged to write a song on a particular topic then they would improve alot quicker .The theme/topic would have to be posted same day each week so eager little vegemites know when to look for it . Posted like Week 1 ( Topic) and everyone posts their songs under that with everyone replying to them and helping each other out .....

There would not be any extra work involved for the likes of Clancy / Kirk and the like if no-one wants to do the weekly - fortnightly posting of the topics then I would be more then happy to do it ( as I don't have LIFE ) ....

Couldn't there be in the song writting forum somewhere set up just for that or would it be better just to use the forum already there .Could be called weekly song writters or soething along them lines ..

I'm no expert on song writting but I do enjoy it

All suggestions on my proposal would be greatly appreciated ....either way :)

Sounds like a fun idea hilch... At any given point in the day, a have a myriad of words

swimming around in my tiny little peabrain, just waiting to expose themselves in a

group effort to make some sort of relational sense of things in general...!!! :o)

Though most of them are nasty little buggers, and spew some acutely colorful banter...!!!

In other words... I'm for it, mate...!!!

Cheers !!

Ben

Thanks for the suggestion hilch. We are actually in the process of re-thinking some areas of the site and forum. Adding to some areas and taking away from others. Songwriting is one that we are thinking of letting go as this is a guitar forum and there are many songwriting forums out there that are dedicated to songwriting. We need to keep the forum managable and keeping things a bit more on-topic (guitar related) is the way we are thinking of going at the this stage anyway.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Cheers

Clancy

Clancy

That would be a shame if that happened Clancy , many budding guitarist ( like me ) enjoy writting their own lyrics and this place is a one stop shop if you know what I mean ?

Can listen to others , get some advise , pick up a lesson , and post your lyrics .

Anyway just me speaking my mind

Cheers

Hilch