cshude    0

Don't know that we would need one, since we already have this... but that being said, if there was one, I would join.

carol m    64

I'm no expert on Facebook, but if there was a GFB page/group would the people who are my 'friends' have access to this site to see all about us?

I'm not saying I'd mind about the access, in fact if there was a Facebook GFB I would like them to get access here through facebook, but like I said I really don't spend any time there - in fact I'm quite negative about Facebook in general.

I don't have any need or wish to hang out there when 'we' have this site here and I keep in touch with friends either in real life or via email or phone. That's more than enough for me and can't be bothered with checking into facebook all the time on top of things I want to do with my time.

But, if this site got more members as a result of a facebook page, why not? Just don't expect me to hang out there!:)

carol m    64
Wat about us elighterate faseless peepohl?

Don't worry about it 6, you are missing nothing and as long as your chord progressions are lighterate you will go far. :)

Don't know that we would need one, since we already have this... but that being said, if there was one, I would join.

I'm with cshude on this. If theres one, i'd join too.

Clancy    36
I'm no expert on Facebook, but if there was a GFB page/group would the people who are my 'friends' have access to this site to see all about us?

I think if you look at your privacy settings at Facebook you can keep whatever information you want private.

Clancy

zappa    0

facebook is a social networking tool . its based on systems such as myspace , friends reunited and other networking facilities, only it offers more to the user and there is greater focus on user friendlyness.

its a great way to advertise this site and encourage more people to actively use it - if a group were to start i would post a link to this site to anybody i know who has even the slightest interest in guitar playing . it is informative and friendly .

zappa    0

there is no-one advertising online guitar lessons on facebook as far as i have seen so far . it may be a great way to reach out to thousands , if not millions , of potential clients 24 hrs a day . there are people from all walks of life using facebook . i use it and so do many of my friends .

carol m    64

Good idea Clancy. If we have a page there I might get over my reluctance to go there. Anything to spread the word is good. :winkthumb:

starsailor    20

Agree with Zappa about the advertising potential of Facebook my Niece has promoted her home grown business through it and it's grown into something a lot bigger thasn she expected, for Musicians it can be useful for meeting other Musicians in their local area too, I could only see this complimenting the site don't think it would take people away as a lot of us use these sites as well as GFB&B it's another aspect of our lives, I've seen posts here looking for local guitar players to hang out with so a facebook page would benefit these members, GFB&B is about bringing guitar players of all levels together so a Facebook page would keep to the spirit of the site in my opinion more work for you though Clancy and the Moderators as the page would still have to keep the Family ethos of GFB&B and there are a few abusive people on Facebook so it would need monitoring as Facebook don't do a lot of that, that's the only potential problem I can think of to be honest.

Clancy    36

We've set up a GfB&B facebook page... it's not a group, it's a page and you need to become a fan rather than a group member.

We aren't going to have the discussion board active there... don't really want to moderate two boards... but if you become a fan you will get all the notifications of new lessons and news from here. I'm sure it will evolve over time.

Any suggestions, feel free to add them.

This is the link - Guitar for Beginners and Beyond | Facebook

Thanks for the nudge Father Goose and everyone else who commented here.

Clancy