d41

Questions: Plain talk

d41    0

New here, Great site.

Kirk a question about plane talk, I mostly play acoustic fingerstyle, Folk country blues and at times bluegrass, Most of the time in the first position

Will plain talk help me get out of the first posiotion and explore the rest of the fret board ? Don't know scales but read TAB, And pick up songs by ear listening over & over, Also pick a lot in open tunnings will your instruction book help with that?

Thanks,

Music Forms A New Circle.

d41    0

Hello again, and sorry for the qustions,

After reading your site a little more, You say it's not for beguiners, I have been playing for about 10 years, I know most chords in the first position, Fairly competent at fingerpicking, But know no scales, Will I still be able to get through the book and expand my playability without knowing scales ?

I am frustrated at where I'm at and just haven't be able to move forward, or to be where I'd like to be, With the material I've found.

Thanks,

d41    0

I bought the plane talk on line, when it started printing I thought my printer and/or computer was getting a little funky A page that had nothing but shapes, With only reading a few pages that were comming out of the printer It all started making sense,

What a wonderful aproach,

Thanks Kirk,

Kirk Lorange    128

There, I knew you'd appreciate it. Give it all a while to sink in. Put all your time into locking in those shapes in for all moments. It's not hard, it just takes some initial concentration, but soon enough it becomes a habit, a good habit. Then, you can never get lost.

Don't forget to join the PlaneTalker's Forum. That's where you can discuss this further and read over 1000 posts about the PlaneTalk mind set.

Kirk

cayenne    0
I bought the plane talk on line, when it started printing I thought my printer and/or computer was getting a little funky A page that had nothing but shapes, With only reading a few pages that were comming out of the printer It all started making sense,

What a wonderful aproach,

Thanks Kirk,

:helpsmili

I guess I'm a little confused...I thought when you purchased this, you were mailed a book, a dvd and a ruler...

Or is this just giving you access to files you have to print yourself??

Thanks in advance,

cayenne :isaynothing:

allthumbs    8
:helpsmili

I guess I'm a little confused...I thought when you purchased this, you were mailed a book, a dvd and a ruler...

Or is this just giving you access to files you have to print yourself??

Thanks in advance,

cayenne :isaynothing:

You can buy the book on line or hard copy as far as I know.

si16    10

Kirk used to allow PT to be downloaded as a pdf and printed off but it's too difficult to form the slide rule, which is an integral part of the method, that way, so it is now sold as a book/DVD package only.

Liberate247    0

I've been debating whether or not to get the plane talk. $70 is quite a bit of money to drop on a book / DVD combo. I'm a college going student that has financial troubles like almost everyone in college. I was wondering, I play a lot of Melodic punk and Metal stuff. Is this book going to work for me? I've been playing guitar for a little over ten years and I'm pretty familiar with my guitar and am playing some cool stuff, but since I'm 100% self taught, I have no idea what I'm playing, I just know it works out. I honestly couldn't even point out a fret and tell you what the pitch of the note should be. I've always been looking for a great easy way to learn my way across the fret board, but I don't know if I'm prepared to drop a bunch of money on a book that might not work for me. Let me know what you think and why it would work for me.

Kirk Lorange    128

Yes, I think you'll see it as a worthwhile investment. There's a whole forum dedicated to it where you can discuss it on a daily basis. If you really do want to progress, you should know what it is you're playing, why it's sounding right or wrong, and how to remember it all for next time. PT is the easiest way there. l:winkthumb:

hb    0
I've been debating whether or not to get the plane talk. $70 is quite a bit of money to drop on a book / DVD combo. I'm a college going student that has financial troubles like almost everyone in college. I was wondering, I play a lot of Melodic punk and Metal stuff. Is this book going to work for me? I've been playing guitar for a little over ten years and I'm pretty familiar with my guitar and am playing some cool stuff, but since I'm 100% self taught, I have no idea what I'm playing, I just know it works out. I honestly couldn't even point out a fret and tell you what the pitch of the note should be. I've always been looking for a great easy way to learn my way across the fret board, but I don't know if I'm prepared to drop a bunch of money on a book that might not work for me. Let me know what you think and why it would work for me.

I can't see how something as good as PT can be sold that cheap!

hb:smilinguitar:

Kirk Lorange    128

No, not really, knowing the notes is something you'l have to learn one way or the other and PT will help you with that, but you don't need to know it to learn the lesson PT teaches.