X4StringDrive

Ice cream truck specials

I hang out once in a while at a boating/fishing forum and somehow last night one of the threads turned to Ice cream trucks which led to a cocktail trucks request and then someone had to go and ask what kind of tune would play on something like that...well I couldn't resist and here's my 5 minute wonder song{lol}

The ice cream truck sells alcohol

Weaving down the street at a slow azz crawl

Carry's every brand yes he has them all

A land-locked boater's favorite port of call

Hear the bells ringing like a cattle call

See them come a running, beer bellies can haul

Those too slow get trampled when they fall

Trying to catch the truck selling alcohol

Driven by a dirt bag we call 'hair ball'

Comes from down south you can tell by his drawl

Never has happy hour... man what gall

But we send him best wishes when he's on sick call

The ice cream truck sells alcohol

The sound of him coming's sweet as a concert hall

There's only one wish if we had one at all

Tis to see him parked next to the 'ol sea wall

carol m    64

Wow - not only rhyming couplets but 4 whole verses, one rhyme every line, all the way through :claping:

I'm curious, where do you go boating in Detroit??? Presumably not from anywhere near a sea wall.

I loved the 'Those too slow get trampled when they fall' - yes, I had whole image right there in my head - beer bellies flattened, muffled cries for help, all ignored by the desperate rush of feet and the concentrated desperate desire of the mob. Excellent, I enjoyed that.

Did your boating friends regard it as humour, or a sad, unobtainable, wish fulfillment?

starsailor    20

:) Nice one Kenny, neat idea too, done a rough take on it if you want to hear it, just a mess around fun to do though, like this:claping: :winkthumb:

Best Wishes

Chris

Thanks Eddie, appreciate your taking the time!

Thanks Carol, don't let that rhyming couplets fool ya none...Had the rhyming help page open and was just too lazy to put forth any real effort{lol}. From just about anywhere in Michigan it's only about a 15 minute drive to a lake of some sort. I spend most of my limited time on Lake St. Clair or the Detroit river, in search of walleye& perch{Mmmmm}. We call anything in the water that protects from erosion

a sea wall, makes our small boats feel like ships ;). Your vision was the setting I was trying to capture, glad to hear it flew, and they{other forum members} all generously gave a thumbs up.

Hi Chris, Thanks...Yeah would be a great convenience/money maker{lol}. Sure, have at this Chris, looking forward to hearing what you got.

That was great Chris, man if only a cold would help my vocals to sound like that, afraid mine need much much more{lol}. Great job again! I really had no idea as to a tune/melody...think you nailed it once again. Good recording & mix as well.

Do you have Ice cream trucks in your neck of the woods?

starsailor    20

Thanks Kenny, I put a LOL smilie after my comment about my hearing but it's actually causing me problems so I changed it to a smile, I'm deaf in one ear so it's hard to record, maybe I should just pan it all to one side so I can hear it in my good ear:) the lyrics were great to work with great start to my day and good to see a song from you, we do have Ice Cream trucks here, not as many as there used to be and they don't come out my way any more, Cornish Ice Cream is delicious, I like the idea of a Cocktail Truck, I was the same as Carol your lyrics did conjure up some funny pictures, thanks for posting this Kenny cheered me up a lot so I'm pleased you liked it, hope you're well my friend.

Cheers

Chris

carol m    64

Nice one Chris, I couldn't hear any cold fx on the vocals. And welcome to the madhouse FreedomRed, sorry, to the forum. :winkthumb:

starsailor    20
Funny lyrics Kenny and nice rendition Chris.

Hello FreedomRed, welcome.

Thanks Knight, good lyrics to work with:winkthumb:

Nice one Chris, I couldn't hear any cold fx on the vocals. And welcome to the madhouse FreedomRed, sorry, to the forum. :winkthumb:

Thanks Carol, nothing serious, just a slight hearing problem and a sore throat, took 4 takes to do this as I coughed in the middle of the first 3 held it together till the last verse on this one then broke down coughing, did another song later but my vocals went a bit on that one too, feel pretty good today though, man flu:dunno:

All The Best

Chris