after midnight set up

this is what i used recording this simple power chord song:

guitar: epiphone les paul standard "stock"

interface: line 6 ux1 studio "bypasses onboard soundcard on the pc"

recorded: straight into the input on the line 6 from the guitar

software: pod farm "came bundled with the line 6"

recording software: reaper "great program!"

drums and bass: are from a backing track off the net

i used no effects for this tune, just an amp model from pod farm.

the guitar has great sustain and tone for the buck, paid around $500 a year ago... the interface was $150 new and the bundled pod farm is a decent amp and effects modeler.

SoundClick artist: mantablueraider - page with MP3 music downloads

carol m    64

Thanks for posting mantalblueraider, your set up gives a great sound. I checked out that Line 6 with pod farm and it costs $350 over here! Is it a usb interface? I bought a MAudio Mobile Pre USB recently and it's great but it doesn't come bundled with all those effects. It was only $160 though.

Hope to hear more of your music. :winkthumb:

Thanks for posting mantalblueraider, your set up gives a great sound. I checked out that Line 6 with pod farm and it costs $350 over here! Is it a usb interface? I bought a MAudio Mobile Pre USB recently and it's great but it doesn't come bundled with all those effects. It was only $160 though.

Hope to hear more of your music. :winkthumb:

here's a link to zzsounds where i ordered it a couple of weeks ago... again, i'm really happy with it. very easy to use and would recomend it to newbies on a budget like me :)Line 6 POD Studio UX1 from zZounds.com!

carol m    64

That's a good price, or maybe our price is a bad price! I checked locally for the Pod Farm on its own to see how much cheaper that would be and it was.........$699!

Here's the link if you don't believe me https://www.billyhydemusic.com.au/shop/view/7258/line-6-pod-farm-software-plug-in/

So it's much cheaper to buy both than to buy one???:dunno:

That's a good price, or maybe our price is a bad price! I checked locally for the Pod Farm on its own to see how much cheaper that would be and it was.........$699!

Here's the link if you don't believe me https://www.billyhydemusic.com.au/shop/view/7258/line-6-pod-farm-software-plug-in/

So it's much cheaper to buy both than to buy one???:dunno:

thats just crazy! but pod farm is more expensive when just buying the software! it is the basic plugin "not the platnum version" that comes with the interface, you can add to the program but i think its not near as bad as your price...

carol m    64

Are you saying that the link I found to Billy Hydes Pod Farm is the Platinum Version? I thought it looked like the plug in only, like you get if it's bundled with the Line 6 ux1 Studio?

I didn't really explore the details of that $699 after I saw the price - but it does say its the plugin.

Are you saying that the link I found to Billy Hydes Pod Farm is the Platinum Version? I thought it looked like the plug in only, like you get if it's bundled with the Line 6 ux1 Studio?

I didn't really explore the details of that $699 after I saw the price - but it does say its the plugin.

yes, it's bundled with the line 6.. pod farm and a recording program. i don't use any of the bundled cept for pod farm " i like reaper too much". got the line 6,pod farm basic, effects junkie plugin for pod farm, all for 150 bucks....;)

Playing a guitar is hard but I really like those people who play it, especially when they play a song that really strikes you, you can fell the pain and the emotion. If you fell it you'll learn how to appreciate every note that comes out every time a guitarist uses his/her guitar.

LAnz

carol m    64

Hi there guitaristarakista28 - if you want members to respond to your posts, you should post your questions and comments in the appropriate forums you can see at 'Forum Home' that has a link at the top and bottom of every page. However, a quick answer to the tuning question is to buy an electronic tuner for exact tuning of strings. They aren't expensive.

Yes we all like the feeling we get from watching our favourite performers play, but if you post that sort of 'opinion' in The Music Lounge Forum you will get many more responses.

And welcome to the site. :)