mantablueraider

drums for reaper

was wondering if anyone uses a good drum software with reaper, something simple and freeware if possible. the midi thing is confusing in reaper, can't quite figure it out. is it a better choice and worth the time learning? or would a drum software be the best route?:dunno:

Download some free drum loops (there's lots out there)....Make sure you know the BPM for each loop.

Set Reaper to the same BPM as the loop, in Project settings.

Put the loop onto a new track....Insert/Media File/????.mp3

The loop will be only 1 or 2 (maybe 4) measures long....so, grab the right hand end of the loop with left mouse button and drag to the right for as long as you want the tune to be. (Automatic copy & Paste)

If you need a Bang,Crash, Boom.... for a turn around, or whatever. Find one on the net and insert it where you need it.

If the loop BPM's aren't quite what you want....

Insert the loop, change the "project settings", to the BPM you want, grab the right side of the loop....AND holding down the ALT key drag the loop to fit the measure lines on Reaper (to the left for faster...right for slower).

If you alter this too much it sounds.... rly, doooooooopppppppeeeeeyyyyy:yes:

This works on any recorded section in Reaper.

Have a look a the Brad Sucks Project that came with Reaper, any where there are little V's taken from the edge of the tracks...It's a repeated loop.

I'm a total novice when it comes to drums and I would love an easier way (apart from having to learn drums)...but it's working for me.

Download some free drum loops (there's lots out there)....Make sure you know the BPM for each loop.

Set Reaper to the same BPM as the loop, in Project settings.

Put the loop onto a new track....Insert/Media File/????.mp3

The loop will be only 1 or 2 (maybe 4) measures long....so, grab the right hand end of the loop with left mouse button and drag to the right for as long as you want the tune to be. (Automatic copy & Paste)

If you need a Bang,Crash, Boom.... for a turn around, or whatever. Find one on the net and insert it where you need it.

If the loop BPM's aren't quite what you want....

Insert the loop, change the "project settings", to the BPM you want, grab the right side of the loop....AND holding down the ALT key drag the loop to fit the measure lines on Reaper (to the left for faster...right for slower).

If you alter this too much it sounds.... rly, doooooooopppppppeeeeeyyyyy:yes:

This works on any recorded section in Reaper.

Have a look a the Brad Sucks Project that came with Reaper, any where there are little V's taken from the edge of the tracks...It's a repeated loop.

I'm a total novice when it comes to drums and I would love an easier way (apart from having to learn drums)...but it's working for me.

thanks skinny this should help alot!:)