Noodler

Youtube Favourite music vids

starsailor    20

Found this old clip, the flute player is Ray Thomas he predates Ian Anderson so Ian will have to step aside, this is the old classic, nice song to play too, :winkthumb:

starsailor    20

Yeah the writings on the wall, not cool.

This song jumped in my head this morning and I've been singing it all day, got a few strange looks but I'm beyond caring:stuart:

Like the English Sunset track Rockabilly, nice one.

starsailor    20

Liked your choices Simon, two masters of the guitar, what's Richie Blackmore doing these days, thought we haven't seen many Scottish Bands so here's one of Scotlands finest in my opinion, Runrig, this clips sung in Gaelic, great song Tir An Airm, I can't post the lyrics so here's a link to the translations of the songs on the Recovery Album which this song came from if anyone wants to sing a long, I had a go at singing it in Gaelic more fun that way.:winkthumb:

Recovery Lyrics

RockaBilly    0
Yeah the writings on the wall, not cool.

This song jumped in my head this morning and I've been singing it all day, got a few strange looks but I'm beyond caring:stuart:

Like the English Sunset track Rockabilly, nice one.

Ya, I remember her, I discovered her from a windows cd. :)

si16    10
Liked your choices Simon, two masters of the guitar, what's Richie Blackmore doing these days, thought we haven't seen many Scottish Bands so here's one of Scotlands finest in my opinion, Runrig, this clips sung in Gaelic, great song Tir An Airm, I can't post the lyrics so here's a link to the translations of the songs on the Recovery Album which this song came from if anyone wants to sing a long, I had a go at singing it in Gaelic more fun that way.:winkthumb:

Recovery Lyrics

After he walked out on/was kicked out of Deep Purple he formed a band with his wife Candice Night called Blackmore's Night (Do you see what they did there ;) ). Their music is inspired by Elizabethan/Renaissance style music and Ritchie mostly sticks to acoustic/mandolin/lute.

starsailor    20
After he walked out on/was kicked out of Deep Purple he formed a band with his wife Candice Night called Blackmore's Night (Do you see what they did there ;) ). Their music is inspired by Elizabethan/Renaissance style music and Ritchie mostly sticks to acoustic/mandolin/lute.

Must have taken hours to think up that name, I liked that, have they ever had a go at Greensleeves:yes: , bit different to the stuff he used to do but he liked to change things around a bit, the Guys in Deep Purple were always a bit scathing of him saying he was hard to work with because it was either done his way or not at all wouldn't compromise on his music which really isn't entirely a bad thing if your as good as Richie Blackmore :winkthumb:

All the Best

Chris

I couldn't think of a video to post but I'll be back:winkthumb:

starsailor    20
Ya, I remember her, I discovered her from a windows cd. :)

Couldn't find it on that link but tracked it down, great song, I love her voice, here's Edie doing Hard Rain, love this song too thought she did a cool cover of this:winkthumb:

RockaBilly    0
Must have taken hours to think up that name, I liked that, have they ever had a go at Greensleeves:yes: , bit different to the stuff he used to do but he liked to change things around a bit, the Guys in Deep Purple were always a bit scathing of him saying he was hard to work with because it was either done his way or not at all wouldn't compromise on his music which really isn't entirely a bad thing if your as good as Richie Blackmore :winkthumb:

All the Best

Chris

I couldn't think of a video to post but I'll be back:winkthumb:

You mean like this? :)

YouTube - Classic Rock Drum Solos - Ian Paice

starsailor    20

Perfect, awesome video, sure I saw George Best in the Audience, Richie was conducting at the start, I just know if I tried that with my guitar the strap locks would fail, I'd almost certainly forget where I was too, great stuff RockaBilly, Ian Paice was brilliant here too, what a great band they were.:winkthumb:

RockaBilly, Surely you've seen Monte live, right? You think your hands hurt, watch it live and you brain will hurt.I could only wish to live close enough to catch him more often than I can. You have to go if you get the chance. He's quickly becoming my idol.

starsailor    20

Enjoyed them Kenny, loved that Amboy Dukes track, haven't listened to much Ted Nugent, he's a cool guitarist.

Jethro Tull track was great, Ian Anderson's a real showman, excellent:winkthumb:

Best Wishes

Chris

starsailor    20

Been finding all sorts of strange 60s bands on youtube, here's Cyrkle, minor hit for them, can't get the chorus out of my head, a couple of these guys went on to be jingle writers wrote the Alka Selter advert "plop plop fizz fizz" (been on Wiki again) don't know if anyone remembers that, Cyrkle opened for the Beatles on their 1966 U.S. tour and were managed by Brian Epstein, John Lennon thought up the strange spelling of their name, I'm into trivia.

YouTube - Cyrkle - Turn-Down Day

Haven't heard that Focus one for a while Rockabilly, cool yodelling, think they were a Dutch band so here's another of Holland's finest.

YouTube - Golden Earring - Radar Love

And just for the hell of it Ram Jam and Black Betty:winkthumb: